The Student Room Group

Teaching women not to hit men

As can be seen in JayZ incident, not only nobody is asking for her to be arrested but most of the focus is on what did he say or do. Her emotional, violent burst is perfectly acceptable for a woman. He must have done something to deserve it. If the man was doing the hitting they'd be asking for his arrest, feminists would crash Twitter and Tumblr with their ranting and just label him as a woman beater for eternity, no reasons needed or questions asked.

While men are still instructed by parents to respect women, girls are not taught to respect men anymore. This means many girls grow up without feeling accountable for their actions and thinking that hitting men as an emotional reaction is not only acceptable but also encouraged (look at how many shows and movies have women hitting men for whatever reason because they ''deserved'' it and the scenes are portrayed as empowering). My own mother taught me that ''you never ever touch a girl, not even with flower''. Yet she had no issue slapping my dad for saying something she didn't like. This has to change. I would never teach my daughter that hitting a man i acceptable in any case. Or, in case she does decide to break that rule, she should expect ''equal treatment''.

Women lash out at their partners more than men do. But this is completely ignored and men have only a tiny number of domestic violence shelters and support compared to women.

Bruised and battered husbands have been complaining for years and now the biggest research project of its kind has proved them right. When it comes to domestic confrontation, women are more violent than men.

The study, which challenges the long-standing view that women are overwhelmingly the victims of aggression, is based on an analysis of 34,000 men and women by a British academic. Women lash out more frequently than their husbands or boyfriends, concludes John Archer, professor of psychology at the University of Central Lancashire and president of the International Society for Research on Aggression.

One in three victims of domestic abuse in Britain is male but refuge beds for men are critically scarce. There are 78 spaces which can be used by men in refuges around Britain, of which only 33 are dedicated rooms for males: the rest can be taken by victims of either gender. This compares with around 4,000 spaces for women. In Northern Ireland and Scotland there are no male refuges at all.

More married men (2.3 per cent) suffered from partner abuse last year than married women, according to the latest British Crime Survey. Yet help is still much harder to find for men.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/women-are-more-violent-says-study-622388.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/domestic-violence-as-a-man-its-very-difficult-to-say-ive-been-beaten-up-8572143.html
(edited 9 years ago)
Feminism is loud, and keeps banging on about how it's the other way round, which leads some people into believing it actually is
Feminism imo is a joke.

9/10 times they don't really care about equality. As long as it benefits the women or just doesn't discriminate against them they're fine. A lot of them, especially on TSR ignore the fact domestic issues when men are the victims because "it doesn't happen a lot" or because "they can defend themselves but women can't". Feminists aren't for gender equality and that's not news.
Reply 3
It's OK bro, women can hit men, its equality duh! But dont' hit women or its rape, sexual abuse, grievous body harm, speeding, domestic abuse, abuse, assault, possession of drugs and murder.
What if I told you that feminists also don't like the perception of women as weak and emotional (which leads to people accepting female-on-male abuse)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending