OCR geology unit 2 12/5/14

Watch this thread
binglers
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
any ideas on whats going to come up?
I think identifying igneous rocks, long question contact metamorphism, desert and deltaic environment.
curlycone
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
I am incredibly screwed for this paper, way too many minerals to learn
Xetter
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I'm stuck on all the metamorphic stuff! What's a Platy mineral anyone?
binglers
Rep:
(Original post by Xetter)
I'm stuck on all the metamorphic stuff! What's a Platy mineral anyone?
Platy mineral is just a flat mineral
EmilyStrange13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
How did everyone find the exam?
EmilyStrange13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by binglers)
any ideas on whats going to come up?
I think identifying igneous rocks, long question contact metamorphism, desert and deltaic environment.
Deltas was on the paper but I really wish it wasn't... Ugh -_-
Xetter
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by EmilyStrange13)
How did everyone find the exam?
I thought it was really good Emily! Absolutely buzzing! What about you?
binglers
Rep:
(Original post by EmilyStrange13)
Deltas was on the paper but I really wish it wasn't... Ugh -_-
It went well apart from sedimentary identification
Xetter
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Which question was that buddy?
EmilyStrange13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I thought it was really good Emily! Absolutely buzzing! What about you?
I thought it was good too, although I made a few really silly mistakes in some parts. It was much better than the Unit 1 exam.
EmilyStrange13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Was that the stuff on identifying sedimentary structures like the desiccation cracks etc? Cause I kinda messed up that too.... I drew a ripple mark diagram for the desiccation cracks question >.> how did you find the sedimentary question on clastic and non clastic rocks? I made the mistake of saying the fine grained rocks were non clastic >.> but I had a lot on the clastic rocks stuff so I'm hoping I got a good mark.
Xetter
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I agree there Emily! The only one I messed up on always the chemical weathering question on granite and feldspar! :s But I think I might have fluncked unit Q :/
EmilyStrange13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I agree there Emily! The only one I messed up on always the chemical weathering question on granite and feldspar! :s But I think I might have fluncked unit Q :/
Oh yeah... That really got me annoyed cause I could never remember the process of hydrolysis and the carbonation question didn't go too well either. I think Unit 1 was really tough, especially the stuff on earthquakes. By the way did you draw diagrams for the 10 mark question on mafic and intermediate volcanoes... I didn't cause I had no idea on what I could draw.
binglers
Rep:
I accidentally wrote about silicon volcanoes aswel, didn't read the question properly
EmilyStrange13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I accidentally wrote about silicon volcanoes aswel, didn't read the question properly
Do you mean you wrote about the shield and strato volcanoes?
AlexWayward
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I kinda liked the paper, although on the first question i accidentally wrote 'transcendence sill' instead of transgressive!

Me and my girlfriend were going to go and see the film tonight so i guess that's why, recon the examiner will let me off? ;-)
Xetter
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AlexWayward)
I kinda liked the paper, although on the first question i accidentally wrote 'transcendence sill' instead of transgressive!

Me and my girlfriend were going to go and see the film tonight so i guess that's why, recon the examiner will let me off? ;-)
Haha that's actually quite funny buddy! Sorry How did you find the 10 markers?
AlexWayward
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
i really liked them!(well as much as you can like an exam) I finished with like 30 minutes to spare so i started writing about how fine pyroclasts can travel around the world if they enter the jet stream. I was pretty bored by the end of it. How did you find the paper?
Xetter
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AlexWayward)
i really liked them!(well as much as you can like an exam) I finished with like 30 minutes to spare so i started writing about how fine pyroclasts can travel around the world if they enter the jet stream. I was pretty bored by the end of it. How did you find the paper?
Very similar to me then! Had a good 20-30 remaining to finish a bottle of water and fill in a little extra detail! I was very pleased with the 10 markers, metamorphic stuff and Bowens reaction stuff! Overall, I hope the grade boundaries are good so we all get decent grades!
AlexWayward
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Yeah same, it was a lot better than Unit 1. Although, i couldn't remember the name of the mineral at the bottom of bowens reaction series!

I ran out of evidence for sea floor spreading on the 8 mark question for unit 1 & started writing about continental drift. How did you find your ISAs?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
21.74%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (1)
4.35%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
17.39%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (2)
8.7%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
26.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
21.74%

Watched Threads