Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    any ideas on whats going to come up?
    I think identifying igneous rocks, long question contact metamorphism, desert and deltaic environment.

ReputationRep:
    I am incredibly screwed for this paper, way too many minerals to learn

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck on all the metamorphic stuff! What's a Platy mineral anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xetter)
    I'm stuck on all the metamorphic stuff! What's a Platy mineral anyone?
    Platy mineral is just a flat mineral

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binglers)
    any ideas on whats going to come up?
    I think identifying igneous rocks, long question contact metamorphism, desert and deltaic environment.
    Deltas was on the paper but I really wish it wasn't... Ugh -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyStrange13)
    How did everyone find the exam?
    I thought it was really good Emily! Absolutely buzzing! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyStrange13)
    Deltas was on the paper but I really wish it wasn't... Ugh -_-
    It went well apart from sedimentary identification

ReputationRep:
    Which question was that buddy?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was really good Emily! Absolutely buzzing! What about you?
    I thought it was good too, although I made a few really silly mistakes in some parts. It was much better than the Unit 1 exam.

ReputationRep:
    Was that the stuff on identifying sedimentary structures like the desiccation cracks etc? Cause I kinda messed up that too.... I drew a ripple mark diagram for the desiccation cracks question >.> how did you find the sedimentary question on clastic and non clastic rocks? I made the mistake of saying the fine grained rocks were non clastic >.> but I had a lot on the clastic rocks stuff so I'm hoping I got a good mark.

ReputationRep:
    I agree there Emily! The only one I messed up on always the chemical weathering question on granite and feldspar! :s But I think I might have fluncked unit Q :/

ReputationRep:
    I agree there Emily! The only one I messed up on always the chemical weathering question on granite and feldspar! :s But I think I might have fluncked unit Q :/
    Oh yeah... That really got me annoyed cause I could never remember the process of hydrolysis and the carbonation question didn't go too well either. I think Unit 1 was really tough, especially the stuff on earthquakes. By the way did you draw diagrams for the 10 mark question on mafic and intermediate volcanoes... I didn't cause I had no idea on what I could draw.

ReputationRep:
    I accidentally wrote about silicon volcanoes aswel, didn't read the question properly

ReputationRep:
    I accidentally wrote about silicon volcanoes aswel, didn't read the question properly
    Do you mean you wrote about the shield and strato volcanoes?

ReputationRep:
    I kinda liked the paper, although on the first question i accidentally wrote 'transcendence sill' instead of transgressive!

Me and my girlfriend were going to go and see the film tonight so i guess that's why, recon the examiner will let me off? ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexWayward)
    I kinda liked the paper, although on the first question i accidentally wrote 'transcendence sill' instead of transgressive!

Me and my girlfriend were going to go and see the film tonight so i guess that's why, recon the examiner will let me off? ;-)
    Haha that's actually quite funny buddy! Sorry How did you find the 10 markers?

ReputationRep:
    i really liked them!(well as much as you can like an exam) I finished with like 30 minutes to spare so i started writing about how fine pyroclasts can travel around the world if they enter the jet stream. I was pretty bored by the end of it. How did you find the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexWayward)
    i really liked them!(well as much as you can like an exam) I finished with like 30 minutes to spare so i started writing about how fine pyroclasts can travel around the world if they enter the jet stream. I was pretty bored by the end of it. How did you find the paper?
    Very similar to me then! Had a good 20-30 remaining to finish a bottle of water and fill in a little extra detail! I was very pleased with the 10 markers, metamorphic stuff and Bowens reaction stuff! Overall, I hope the grade boundaries are good so we all get decent grades!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same, it was a lot better than Unit 1. Although, i couldn't remember the name of the mineral at the bottom of bowens reaction series!

I ran out of evidence for sea floor spreading on the 8 mark question for unit 1 & started writing about continental drift. How did you find your ISAs?

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.