The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

I've missed the deadline for accommodation help!?!

Hi
I've missed the deadline for accommodation at UWE.
I'm hoping to be studying BA photography at bower Ashton campus.
I have not accepted UWE as my first choice yet but if I do is it worth the risk because I might not be guaranteed accommodation.
Does anyone know or has had this problem who can help?
Hi, I'm studying photography there starting in September, I can't wait.
A friend of mine didn't apply to UWE until July last year and she got a place in Market Gate so I wouldn't worry.
Give them a call +44 (0)117 32 83601 or drop them an email [email protected]

Hope it's all sorted,

Lucy
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by lucybliszko
Hi, I'm studying photography there starting in September, I can't wait.
A friend of mine didn't apply to UWE until July last year and she got a place in Market Gate so I wouldn't worry.
Give them a call +44 (0)117 32 83601 or drop them an email [email protected]

Hope it's all sorted,

Lucy

Thank you so much :smile:
which accommodation did you apply for because I'm a bit stuck on which is a good distance from the campus but still has a good social life? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Bronniicross
which accommodation did you apply for because I'm a bit stuck on which is a good distance from the campus but still has a good social life? :smile:

I'm studying photography at uwe in september too. :smile:. Applied for marketgate, but just found out my loan is below the cost of rent by a grand.. hahah great. Prostitution here I come (Y)
Reply 4
Hi
I've missed the deadline for accommodation at UWE.
I'm hoping to be studying BA photography at bower Ashton campus.
I have not accepted UWE as my first choice yet but if I do is it worth the risk because I might not be guaranteed accommodation.
Does anyone know or has had this problem who can help?

Hi, I too applied for my accomodation after the May 10th deadline. I applied for Harbor Court and Cherry Court and have confirmed my offer for Graphic Arts
Awesome! I look forward to possibly meeting you :smile:
I don't suppose you know how much the materials fee is for the year? I know in my college it cost me about £60 for studio use and stuff, so I'm wondering if/and how much they'll charge at UWE.

Rent is so expensive! I can't get over that rent is almost £700 for a tiny room. I feel pretty conned but hey ho, the social experience of it all will be sweet. Lots of fun times to happen :smile:

I've applied for Cherry Court - there's only 119 people there, so more familiar faces over time, closer vibes. My friend stayed in Market Gate and it was pretty lame really, I was expecting everyone to be really social but they didn't leave their flats.

There's also Harbour court which is new and lovely which has up to 120 people in i think? It's right next to lots of real nice bars

Lucy
Reply 7
Harbor Court looks nice buts its the most expensive. It has lesser number of rooms compared to the other places so I'm sure it get full fast. I'm thinking of shifting to one of the accommodations and then start looking for roommates to move into cheaper apartments elsewhere. Btw I'm doing MA Graphic arts.
Original post by johnravi
Harbor Court looks nice buts its the most expensive. It has lesser number of rooms compared to the other places so I'm sure it get full fast. I'm thinking of shifting to one of the accommodations and then start looking for roommates to move into cheaper apartments elsewhere. Btw I'm doing MA Graphic arts.

Sweet! Bower Ashton then :smile:

Yeah I'm feeling the same too. You can get real nice apartments/house for £200pm cheaper than the tiny halls of residence.

When is everyone moving to Bristol? The weekend before induction week is the Friday/Sat 12th/13th right?
Reply 9
By Induction, you mean Orientation right?

According to this link http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/comingtouwe/newstudents/newinternationalstudents/orientation.aspx , it's not been announced for Bower Ashton students.
By Induction, you mean Orientation right?

According to this link http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/comingtouwe/newstudents/newinternationalstudents/orientation.aspx , it's not been announced for Bower Ashton students.

I thought that was just for international students? Just seen on the website the stuff about registering/inductions...

"Undergraduate students based at Bower Ashton Campus are required to attend a registration session on Monday 15 September between 09:30 and 16:30.
Postgraduate students based at Bower Ashton Campus will have registration included in their induction. Details will be provided in the joining instructions over the summer."

Hope this was some use to you (:

Reply 11
"Undergraduate students based at Bower Ashton Campus are required to attend a registration session on Monday 15 September between 09:30 and 16:30.
Postgraduate students based at Bower Ashton Campus will have registration included in their induction. Details will be provided in the joining instructions over the summer.

Hope this was some use to you (:

That means more waiting. I just hope the accommodation works out. I'm sure there would be more Bower Ashton students at Harbor Court.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest