got a C in the mock with no-revision need an A* for the real thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne james)
    who'll be doing this exam?
    me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysmile)
    me!

I dread next Monday for this reason... especially the 'design an experiment (or investigation) to..' 6 mark questions... are these paper 1 or paper 2?
    Usually and most of the time it's in the second paper but I'll learn most of them just in case if it pops in the first paper.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a-spiringmedic)
    meeeeee

i havent revised much

got a C in the mock with no-revision need an A* for the real thing
    Me too, I'm aiming for an A* too, I usually get C's and D's but got a B in the mock cos I only revised from the past paper (even though I shouldn't be doing that )

So far, I'm done with the specification and started doing pastpapers.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne james)
    Me too, I'm aiming for an A* too, I usually get C's and D's but got a B in the mock cos I only revised from the past paper (even though I shouldn't be doing that )

So far, I'm done with the specification and started doing pastpapers.

Good luck!
    i've done bits of the spec, gunna try finish it today and then start on aqa gcse english (

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions on what might come up this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a-spiringmedic)
    i've done bits of the spec, gunna try finish it today and then start on aqa gcse english (
    lucky your with aqa for english theyre rhe easiest board to get a good grade!

I am doing this bio and completely dreading it! chem and physics were quite nice and they are my best so literally praying for biology to be easy-ier side as my worst science, only doing double award so it affects my overall 2 grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    2 days lefts

ReputationRep:
    Meeeeee T_T

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ella_chloe)
    any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As in for the topics that might come up?
    My teachers say there is usually a question on fish farming which people don't prepare for very well. Apparently there also has to be a question on designing an experiment cos we don't do any practical work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking four/five/six markers on fish farming, genetic engineering, selective breeding, eutrophication, smoking, and probably an experimental design one as well. Hope the questions are mostly easy apart from those!

ReputationRep:
    Our Bio teacher said they like to ask questions on the older topics such as the respiratory system and the digestive system early on in the paper. They're usually two or three mark regurgitation questions and maybe one explain question on things such as the alveoli and how they're adapted to gas exchange etc.
    I also think that fish farming is pretty simple if you learn the key parts and can explain how everything links together. Most revision guides or textbooks go into plenty of detail if you really want to know it all. Personally I have glanced over the topic but won't mind if it comes up as I already know the main facts about it and could probably improvise on the explanation question if it comes up.
    Finally, GOOD LUCK TO ALL ON MONDAY!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefoodieteen)
    I'm thinking four/five/six markers on fish farming, genetic engineering, selective breeding, eutrophication, smoking, and probably an experimental design one as well. Hope the questions are mostly easy apart from those!
    Fish Farming almost always comes up from what I've seen on past papers, but it is pretty easy- you just have to talk about how they control conditions for maximum yield. So does selective breeding. I think smoking might as well, it hasn't in a while. I really hope genetic enegineering doesn't, or excretion in the kidneys And there is always one for designing an experiment!
    I also think the circulatory, digestive and respiratory systems may come up, and plant hormones haven't in a while...

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiannasaurus.rex)
    Fish Farming almost always comes up from what I've seen on past papers, but it is pretty easy- you just have to talk about how they control conditions for maximum yield. So does selective breeding. I think smoking might as well, it hasn't in a while. I really hope genetic enegineering doesn't, or excretion in the kidneys And there is always one for designing an experiment!
    I also think the circulatory, digestive and respiratory systems may come up, and plant hormones haven't in a while...

Good luck everyone!
    oh dear I dont remember learnig fish farming :/, a lot of people are saying this so I will be sure to look at it and all the other things people are mentioning

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping no plant hormones - I'm so bad at those! I half understand it and am able to explain geotropism/phototropism but hate having to explain auxins.. aargh! Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    How about Meiosis and Mitosis? I think it's one of the most confusing topics we learnt, but it hasn't come up in any of the past papers we did in class. Does that mean it is likely to come up, do you think, or it probably won't this year either?

ReputationRep:
    How about Meiosis and Mitosis? I think it's one of the most confusing topics we learnt, but it hasn't come up in any of the past papers we did in class. Does that mean it is likely to come up, do you think, or it probably won't this year either?
    its all about splitting of cells basically

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure they won't make us explain the metaphase/telophase details, but they might ask for differences between them like they did in January's paper!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.