Last edited by happysmile; 4 years ago
FluffyCherry
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by happysmile)
me!

I dread next Monday for this reason... especially the 'design an experiment (or investigation) to..' 6 mark questions... are these paper 1 or paper 2?
Usually and most of the time it's in the second paper but I'll learn most of them just in case if it pops in the first paper.

Good luck!
FluffyCherry
Rep:
?
(Original post by a-spiringmedic)
meeeeee

i havent revised much

got a C in the mock with no-revision need an A* for the real thing
Me too, I'm aiming for an A* too, I usually get C's and D's but got a B in the mock cos I only revised from the past paper (even though I shouldn't be doing that )

So far, I'm done with the specification and started doing pastpapers.

Good luck!
a-spiringmedic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anne james)
Me too, I'm aiming for an A* too, I usually get C's and D's but got a B in the mock cos I only revised from the past paper (even though I shouldn't be doing that )

So far, I'm done with the specification and started doing pastpapers.

Good luck!
i've done bits of the spec, gunna try finish it today and then start on aqa gcse english (
nick.mayne
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any predictions on what might come up this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
sandpitturtle
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by a-spiringmedic)
i've done bits of the spec, gunna try finish it today and then start on aqa gcse english (
lucky your with aqa for english theyre rhe easiest board to get a good grade!

I am doing this bio and completely dreading it! chem and physics were quite nice and they are my best so literally praying for biology to be easy-ier side as my worst science, only doing double award so it affects my overall 2 grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
FluffyCherry
Rep:
?
2 days lefts
icecreamcake
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Meeeeee T_T

Posted from TSR Mobile
sandpitturtle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Joel5001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ella_chloe)
any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
As in for the topics that might come up?
My teachers say there is usually a question on fish farming which people don't prepare for very well. Apparently there also has to be a question on designing an experiment cos we don't do any practical work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
thefoodieteen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm thinking four/five/six markers on fish farming, genetic engineering, selective breeding, eutrophication, smoking, and probably an experimental design one as well. Hope the questions are mostly easy apart from those!
ThatOneLegendAdz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Our Bio teacher said they like to ask questions on the older topics such as the respiratory system and the digestive system early on in the paper. They're usually two or three mark regurgitation questions and maybe one explain question on things such as the alveoli and how they're adapted to gas exchange etc.
I also think that fish farming is pretty simple if you learn the key parts and can explain how everything links together. Most revision guides or textbooks go into plenty of detail if you really want to know it all. Personally I have glanced over the topic but won't mind if it comes up as I already know the main facts about it and could probably improvise on the explanation question if it comes up.
Finally, GOOD LUCK TO ALL ON MONDAY!!!
tiannasaurus.rex
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thefoodieteen)
I'm thinking four/five/six markers on fish farming, genetic engineering, selective breeding, eutrophication, smoking, and probably an experimental design one as well. Hope the questions are mostly easy apart from those!
Fish Farming almost always comes up from what I've seen on past papers, but it is pretty easy- you just have to talk about how they control conditions for maximum yield. So does selective breeding. I think smoking might as well, it hasn't in a while. I really hope genetic enegineering doesn't, or excretion in the kidneys And there is always one for designing an experiment!
I also think the circulatory, digestive and respiratory systems may come up, and plant hormones haven't in a while...

Good luck everyone!
sandpitturtle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tiannasaurus.rex)
Fish Farming almost always comes up from what I've seen on past papers, but it is pretty easy- you just have to talk about how they control conditions for maximum yield. So does selective breeding. I think smoking might as well, it hasn't in a while. I really hope genetic enegineering doesn't, or excretion in the kidneys And there is always one for designing an experiment!
I also think the circulatory, digestive and respiratory systems may come up, and plant hormones haven't in a while...

Good luck everyone!
oh dear I dont remember learnig fish farming :/, a lot of people are saying this so I will be sure to look at it and all the other things people are mentioning

Posted from TSR Mobile
thefoodieteen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm hoping no plant hormones - I'm so bad at those! I half understand it and am able to explain geotropism/phototropism but hate having to explain auxins.. aargh! Good luck everyone!
tiannasaurus.rex
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How about Meiosis and Mitosis? I think it's one of the most confusing topics we learnt, but it hasn't come up in any of the past papers we did in class. Does that mean it is likely to come up, do you think, or it probably won't this year either?
09darraghj
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How about Meiosis and Mitosis? I think it's one of the most confusing topics we learnt, but it hasn't come up in any of the past papers we did in class. Does that mean it is likely to come up, do you think, or it probably won't this year either?
its all about splitting of cells basically
thefoodieteen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm pretty sure they won't make us explain the metaphase/telophase details, but they might ask for differences between them like they did in January's paper!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (445)
91.56%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (41)
8.44%

Watched Threads