The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Siddhart1998
**Really really really condensed notes on everything in bold**

Let me know if you need them and I will send them :smile:

Let me know whether it helps :smile:
U may need to zoom in :wink:

Could you send them to me please :smile:
Does anyone know whether we need the structure and function of the skin??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you send them to me aswell please:biggrin:
Me please too? Lol xxx

Yes please! That would be greatly appreciated
Original post by Colourblock
Does anyone know whether we need the structure and function of the skin??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Possibly. On the specification it says 'describe the role of the skin in temperature regulation, with reference to sweating, vasoconstriction and vasodilation.' It's in bold as well so I would learn it just in case!
This is the last exam!!!! Stop fretting over it and relax!!!!
please can you put a list of the topics that are likely to come up? need to do well in this one as the last one was mainly on inheritance and i hate that!!!
I'm trying to relax about Monday's exam, and I know I'll be absolutely delighted when it's all over and done with, but I'm still worried!

As to what might come up, I'm expecting quite a bit on plants, and there will be a few questions about the bold points in the specification. Eutrophication is almost guaranteed.. I'd say fish farming will probably show up too! There also wasn't a 'draw the graph' question on the first paper. On the other hand, none of my predictions about paper 1 were anywhere near correct!

I found paper 1 moderate (hoping I got around 100) - there were lots of wordy questions which I hate. Fingers crossed for an easier paper 2 and mid-130s A* grade boundary!
Original post by thefoodieteen
I'm trying to relax about Monday's exam, and I know I'll be absolutely delighted when it's all over and done with, but I'm still worried!

As to what might come up, I'm expecting quite a bit on plants, and there will be a few questions about the bold points in the specification. Eutrophication is almost guaranteed.. I'd say fish farming will probably show up too! There also wasn't a 'draw the graph' question on the first paper. On the other hand, none of my predictions about paper 1 were anywhere near correct!

I found paper 1 moderate (hoping I got around 100) - there were lots of wordy questions which I hate. Fingers crossed for an easier paper 2 and mid-130s A* grade boundary!

I agree and also around that area of biological resources and pollution, I would think that the nitrogen cycle and the fermenter (which I know many find difficult) is very likely to come up as it is in bold and not much has been mentioned around those specific areas in paper 1
Reply 390
Didn't fish farming come up in Paper 1? (if it did) surely it wouldn't be in paper 2 as well
Reply 391
does anyone remember what came up on paper 1? it feels like it was such a long time ago...
Original post by ldngal
does anyone remember what came up on paper 1? it feels like it was such a long time ago...

I certainly can't remember everything, but here's a few things I seem to have managed to recall!

- digestion (the fill-in-the-table + mouth question)
- kidneys (selective reabsorption/ADH/ultrafiltration)
- smoking (alveoli shape/coronary heart disease)
- CORMS (bacteria in fermenter)
- natural selection (resistance to antibiotics)
- inheritance (the family with cystic fibrosis)
- Dolly the sheep
- transfer of energy in food chains
- predation
- the question about athletes with increased haemoglobin/why needles need to be sterile
- transpiration and factors affecting it
- the fill-in-the-blank about sexual reproduction in humans
- the tea leaf growing question

That's about all I can remember.. anyone have anything to add?
(edited 9 years ago)
I think that theres gonna be a lot on pollution and co ordination and response in both humans (possible 4-5 marker on a reflex response) and plants (a tropism question maybe??) and fish farming as it always comes up aha :smile:
Original post by Hostile Titan
I think that theres gonna be a lot on pollution and co ordination and response in both humans (possible 4-5 marker on a reflex response) and plants (a tropism question maybe??) and fish farming as it always comes up aha :smile:

Yeah, I was thinking that there might be a reflex arc question! Also half expecting a micropropogation/plant reproduction one.. and yep, fish farming or eutrophication is almost guaranteed! I think they might intertwine pollution/fish farming/eutrophication into one..
Original post by thefoodieteen
Yeah, I was thinking that there might be a reflex arc question! Also half expecting a micropropogation/plant reproduction one.. and yep, fish farming or eutrophication is almost guaranteed! I think they might intertwine pollution/fish farming/eutrophication into one..

Yeah thats what i think as well aha i know it sounds weird but kinda hoping for a 5 marker on water pollution as the marks for it are quite easy aha also I'm thinking a possible question on enzymes like pH and temp effects on them??
Yeah thats what i think as well aha i know it sounds weird but kinda hoping for a 5 marker on water pollution as the marks for it are quite easy aha also I'm thinking a possible question on enzymes like pH and temp effects on them??

By water pollution, do you mean eutrophication?

The only topics I dislike are:
Transpiration (I think that came up on P1)
Classification
Menstrual Cycle

Does anyone know if we have to know about "pregnancy"?
Yeah so eutrophication and also like sewage and decomposers less o2 etc and we have to know about the placenta and amniotic sac not too much on pregnancy
Original post by ilovemusic386
By water pollution, do you mean eutrophication?

The only topics I dislike are:
Transpiration (I think that came up on P1)
Classification
Menstrual Cycle

Does anyone know if we have to know about "pregnancy"?
Yeah so eutrophication and also like sewage and decomposers less o2 etc and we have to know about the placenta and amniotic sac not too much on pregnancy

is the placenta just sh*t about "removing waste co2" and "transferring nutrients" to the foetus? and the amniotic fluid.. err.. protection?

I think Biology might be more difficult in order to balance the *easiness* of Chemistry and Physics - P2, that is. If lots of practical work appears I will cry.
not too much on pregnancy

what exactly?

all we did in class was watch a lady give birth wuuut

Latest

Trending

Trending