The Student Room Group

OCR B: Modern World History GCSE 16th/23rd May

Anyone sitting the first of these 2 exams tomorrow?

I'm studying America 1919-1941 for the depth study alongside the Interwar Years 1919-1939 for my international relations for the exam tomorrow.

Then on 23rd May I've got a paper on Britain from 1890-1918.

:hat:

Scroll to see replies

My exam on the 16th is Medicine Through Time. I've revised over 2000 years of History :frown:. The one I have on the 23rd is Germany 1918-1945 - all about the time before Hitler took power and how the Nazis ruled the country.

I've also got one on the 2nd June about Surgery and the Role of the Historian. It's basically looking at a whole bunch of sources instead of using your own knowledge.

Just want to say that I LOVE the subject. I hate the exams though - they make me wish that I had never taken History!
Original post by ohmyapplepie

I'm studying America 1919-1941 for the depth study alongside the Interwar Years 1919-1939 for my international relations for the exam tomorrow.

studying the same as you for tomorrow. Bit nervous about Roosevelt and the new deal, think I missed some of it in class :s-smilie:
Original post by JamesPlumeridge
studying the same as you for tomorrow. Bit nervous about Roosevelt and the new deal, think I missed some of it in class :s-smilie:

I'm worried about everything in International Relations! Need to really get revising tonight. Going to do a past paper as well.
I'm sitting these two exams :s-smilie: tomorrow it's international relations for me (sections 4-6 so the Cold War) and on the 23rd it's Russia 1917-39...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I just did the first exam, for me it was Interwar Years 1919-1939 and Germany depth study... how did you all find it?

Personally I think it went alright, but with History, I really can't tell whether I've done well or not- I'm just hoping for the best!!

Then I've got Britain 1890-1919 next Friday :tongue:
Reply 6

Hey! I do international relations with Russia. I found it pretty tough! Nothing like any past papers😭
Reply 7
Original post by EmyJ14
I just did the first exam, for me it was Interwar Years 1919-1939 and Germany depth study... how did you all find it?

Personally I think it went alright, but with History, I really can't tell whether I've done well or not- I'm just hoping for the best!!

Then I've got Britain 1890-1919 next Friday :tongue:

We did Cold War and German Depth Study. It was alright - one of the source questions in the German section was a bit weird though.
Reply 8
Original post by Amarantha

We did Cold War and German Depth Study. It was alright - one of the source questions in the German section was a bit weird though.

I didn't like the 'what's the message' question in the Germany section! Did you do question 5 or 6?
The Interwar Years one I thought was a bit tricky! I was okay with the USA stuff though, I think...I hope! Such a long exam though ugh. Well done everyone that survived it :hugs:
apparently you were meant to leave line spaces
did anyone forget to do this
will i lose marks??!?!?
Original post by Treehouses
apparently you were meant to leave line spaces
did anyone forget to do this
will i lose marks??!?!?

I doubt that you will. I think it's just so they can see where an answer ends but as long as you wrote the question number and part down I'm sure you will be okay.
Reply 12
what was the message of the strange source? the one of Hitler in the beer mug
Reply 13
The beer mug was a metaphor for the Beer Hall Putsch I believe, and the picture below was showing that the Judge was biased during Hitlers trial- on his side mainly, and so ignored a lot of what Hitler and Ludendorff did anyways. It doesn't matter too much you just need to connect it to your own knowledge. That bit went okay for me, but I accidentally did the wrong question in part 1 (should have done the cold war) but didn't have enough time, hope it still went okay, think I got bits of it wrong though
I'm really stressed as I misread the timings for the exam so did the whole of the third topic in 25 minutes and really rushed the second 10 mark too, meaning that I missed out some content/didn't explain all my points fully - is it possible that I could still get an A*? And if I got say an A or a B, could I still get an A* overall, as my coursework was at an A* I think, and Paper 2 should also be at an A*?:frown::confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by EmyJ14
I didn't like the 'what's the message' question in the Germany section! Did you do question 5 or 6?

6 I think - the one about the role of families. I had said before the exam "if I get to choose between Weimar and Nazi Germany I'm choosing Weimar" but when I saw how easy the Nazi Germany question was, I went for that one. I think quite a few people did the same.
For the first source on international relations, did you guys say that it's a critism of Germany and the other nations, then for the own knowledge you could say "the policy of appeasement was brought in 1938" and therefore, Britain were saying that war wasn't close... but they were naïve because the policy of appeasement only allowed Hitler to get stronger, and they also gave him 35% of the navy to avert war. So the purpose of it was to show that other nations should stand up to Hitler, and not just the French and British.
Original post by yeyhelloxoxoxo
For the first source on international relations, did you guys say that it's a critism of Germany and the other nations, then for the own knowledge you could say "the policy of appeasement was brought in 1938" and therefore, Britain were saying that war wasn't close... but they were naïve because the policy of appeasement only allowed Hitler to get stronger, and they also gave him 35% of the navy to avert war. So the purpose of it was to show that other nations should stand up to Hitler, and not just the French and British.

Can't really remember what I wrote but I mentioned appeasement in there and how Britain and France didn't take action soon enough, as shown by the eggs in the basket, thinking they had everything when in fact the empire was fragile? I didn't like that source very much haha
Reply 18
Original post by Amarantha
6 I think - the one about the role of families. I had said before the exam "if I get to choose between Weimar and Nazi Germany I'm choosing Weimar" but when I saw how easy the Nazi Germany question was, I went for that one. I think quite a few people did the same.

Ah yeah, I did that one as well.
Can't really remember what I wrote but I mentioned appeasement in there and how Britain and France didn't take action soon enough, as shown by the eggs in the basket, thinking they had everything when in fact the empire was fragile? I didn't like that source very much haha

Haha! I know, it was a very difficult source!
What did you say about the Sudetenland question? .. I said that Hitler wanted to secure his power, and it was the first step of getting closer to Poland AND Russia but he had no right to do take over Czechoslovakia, because they weren't a German SPEAKING country etc! I also mentioned the Policy of Appeasement in the Sudetenland question too! because it gave Hitler more power, and the Brits couldn't do anything to stop him.

Did you choose the first lots of questions or the second lots of questions?! I chose the "How satisfied was Wilson with the Treaty of Versailles?"

Quick Reply