The Student Room Group

gcse pe exam aqa 16 may!!

hi new to tsr just asking if anyone knows anything that might come up in tomorrows exam and what questions there might be on the case study feel free to ask for my opinion too cheers

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know any good revision sources?
Reply 2
hi have you learnt the case study for tomorrow exam, westshore netball club case study & what are your thoughts on it??
Yeah.. I don't really like it but I think there might be some questions on fitness or training, maybe to make a training programme and possibly on how to get the children she teaches at the school to participate more, but i'm not sure! what do you think?
Reply 4
@katiejaynel
same, i think types of training and principles of training will be included & maybe abit on roles of performers, also i think factors affecting paricipation & training, such as because they are women and 30+ they will have job requirements and children... you have to literally include evrything to get the marks its so annoying! do you know any good revision sources?
Original post by webbo12345
hi have you learnt the case study for tomorrow exam, westshore netball club case study & what are your thoughts on it??

case study? which exam bord are you doing
@katiejaynel
same, i think types of training and principles of training will be included & maybe abit on roles of performers, also i think factors affecting paricipation & training, such as because they are women and 30+ they will have job requirements and children... you have to literally include evrything to get the marks its so annoying! do you know any good revision sources?

Yeah really annoying and I think quite a bit might come up in the paper on YST, Dame Kelly Homes Trust, Young Ambassadors and NGBs! And nope theres not any goos sources for revision that I can find :angry:
Original post by katiejaynel
Yeah.. I don't really like it but I think there might be some questions on fitness or training, maybe to make a training programme and possibly on how to get the children she teaches at the school to participate more, but i'm not sure! what do you think?

There's also going to be a fair bit on individual differences and also how age affects performance. Sports organisations like YST, Kelly Holmes Trust, NGBs etc are a near certainty as they were added to the syllabus this year.

Yeah really annoying and I think quite a bit might come up in the paper on YST, Dame Kelly Homes Trust, Young Ambassadors and NGBs! And nope theres not any goos sources for revision that I can find :angry:

Anyone know any good revision sources?

Practise questions from a study guide we had that I found online - thank me later!

EDIT sorry I'm an idiot - here: http://www.theredhillacademy.org.uk/pluginfile.php/14949/mod_resource/content/1/scenario%20practice%20questions.pdf
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
do you think there will be anything on sporting evevnts such as olympics?
Reply 9
Is this edexcel?
Haha sorry about that lol I forgot to attach it I look like a right mug...
Original post by midgemeister7
There's also going to be a fair bit on individual differences and also how age affects performance. Sports organisations like YST, Kelly Holmes Trust, NGBs etc are a near certainty as they were added to the syllabus this year.

Practise questions from a study guide we had that I found online - thank me later!

EDIT sorry I'm an idiot - here: http://www.theredhillacademy.org.uk/pluginfile.php/14949/mod_resource/content/1/scenario%20practice%20questions.pdf

Thanks, think my teacher has given me some of these as homework a few weeks ago but will be good to do them again :smile:
Thanks, think my teacher has given me some of these as homework a few weeks ago but will be good to do them again :smile:

Does anyone actually revise PE you only need 75% in the exam to get an A* if you got full marks in your practical (as long as you have all your limbs).
Haha sorry about that lol I forgot to attach it I look like a right mug...

Woke up last night and got a feeling that kicking and throwing will be on The AQA's exam.
Original post by Kevin Paul Beale
Does anyone actually revise PE you only need 75% in the exam to get an A* if you got full marks in your practical (as long as you have all your limbs).

Completely different depending on what school you go to. Our PE teacher is ridiculously harsh and it is very difficult to get full marks on practical over all four sports. On our moderation the whole class moved up, but the moderator could only physically move us up 4/5 marks each.

Original post by Kevin Paul Beale
Woke up last night and got a feeling that kicking and throwing will be on The AQA's exam.

I agree that the exam is easy, but do you even take it? Seems like a lame attempt at a troll
Completely different depending on what school you go to. Our PE teacher is ridiculously harsh and it is very difficult to get full marks on practical over all four sports. On our moderation the whole class moved up, but the moderator could only physically move us up 4/5 marks each.

I agree that the exam is easy, but do you even take it? Seems like a lame attempt at a troll

Yeah I do -teachers are meant to positively mark not negatively, e.g. give you a mark if you do something right and shouldn't take a mark away if you make a mistake.
Reply 16
thanks for the posts regarding my original question. i have an online copy of a revision booklet for the case study my school payed alot for it, just message me if you want it ill send pdf or powerpoint
Original post by WASG
Is this edexcel?

No Aqa

I want to burn Westshore down
Original post by Iman.Gov
I want to burn Westshore down

Same haha hate it!

Quick Reply

Latest