The Student Room Group

Have you ever stood someone up for a date?

Or have you made plans to meet someone and they were a no-show?

Scroll to see replies

only a dick would stand someone up without a bloody good reason
Original post by Ben Manklin
only a dick would stand someone up without a bloody good reason

Well I've encountered such a dick before :frown:
Original post by EllGee.
Well I've encountered such a dick before :frown:

good riddance, think of it this way: had he decided to turn up that one time you would be dating a dick.
Original post by Ben Manklin
good riddance, think of it this way: had he decided to turn up that one time you would be dating a dick.

well said
Reply 5
Yea, I wasnt sure if I wanted to go and was still undecided with 30 minutes to go, I then realised it would take me an hour to get there so I just watched TV instead
Original post by James222
Yea, I wasnt sure if I wanted to go and was still undecided with 30 minutes to go, I then realised it would take me an hour to get there so I just watched TV instead

Sorry but that's terrible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I was sort of stood up, in that they spent ages trying to get me to go out with them, I finally agreed and they picked a day and place, I messaged them a couple of days later to ask for the time and they never messaged me back. Apparently he'd met another girl who agreed to date him the first time he asked.

Then a few weeks later his relationship with this girl started going south and he tried to cheat on her with me. So I think I had a lucky escape.
Reply 8
I would only stand someone up if I thought they were likely to do that to me first.

...Did you at least tell them you weren't going to show up?
I've never done it, but it's happened to me twice! I've got no time for people who would do something like that, it just shows what an inconsiderable people they are. Look at this way, it sounds like you've dodged a bullet,
Reply 11
Shamefully, I have. We'd arranged to go out and just beforehand she texted me this 4-text-long message that she loved me even though we'd only gone out three times. I just couldn't.
Original post by Jack22031994
Sorry but that's terrible

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didnt know to cancel so late
Original post by EllGee.
...Did you at least tell them you weren't going to show up?

Nah im too awkward
I didnt know to cancel so late

Still - it's quite bad to do that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I've never been stood up and I would never do it to someone else, I wouldn't agree on a date otherwise
Original post by Jack22031994
Still - it's quite bad to do that

Posted from TSR Mobile

The worst part was when she texted me like 20 times saying where are you I didnt know what to say
So I just replied james222 has sold his mobile this is alex
The worst part was when she texted me like 20 times saying where are you I didnt know what to say

:eek::eek:
Not a date, but a person who invited me to come over to their place or a party, yes, many times.

Sounds like your ashamed? You should be

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest