WeaselMcCloud
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, does anyone want to talk about things that might come up in tomorrow's edexcel medicine paper? So far all I know is the Nightingale or Garrett Anderson won't crop up, neither will Jenner and vaccinations or alternative medicine since these were on last year's paper.
Zoelle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i think pasteur and koch might come up again
Zoelle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i just hope the sources are easier this time around!
WeaselMcCloud
Rep:
?
Lol me as well!
Excuse Me!
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There's only one source isn't there?
Excuse Me!
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I reckon Jennner will come up . What should we revise for question 6?
AfiyahNadeem
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What question are you guys going to choose, Q5 or Q6?
bssf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
question 6 is about public health, my teacher recommended doing that one
WeaselMcCloud
Rep:
?
I was going to go for 5 just because it covers a shorter time period and seems to be a bit easier...
beckyrebecca
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We didn't have time learn the content for question 6 so question 5 it is
I know it sounds stupid but how do you answer the first question well enough to gain the full 4 marks? I only got 2 on my mock
bssf
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
well if you think so then go for it
bssf
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
to answer question one follow this structure:
From the sources I can learn many things about the changes during __________ about ____________. I can learn that ________________ and this a change because ______________ . I can infer this because Source A says ____________________. I can also infer this from Source B because _____________________. This is a change because ______________________.

example answer
What can you learn from Sources A and B about changes in understanding about causes of disease from the Middle Ages till 1750?

From both sources, I learn about the understanding of the cause of disease from the Middle Ages till 1750. There was a change because the priests were starting to doubt that God caused disease whereas in the Middle Ages where they had a very strong belief about this. I can infer this from Source A because it says "obliged to pray at night and day to God to deliver them from pain." I can infer from this God was thought to control pain and therefore would be the best way of preventing yourself from getting an illness. I can also infer about the change because Source B shows a priest smuggling individual research to other priests. I can infer from this that people were doubting the belief that God caused disease but it is still strongly believed because the priest is hiding the research. This is a change because people were starting to inquire more about the actual cause of disease and that people are conducting their own research which contradicts what is thought to cause disease.
AfiyahNadeem
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For Question 5a i am possibly predicting that something to do with hospitals in the middle ages MAY come up; as it has not come up at all in any of the exam paper since 2011...Any other predictions guys?
AfiyahNadeem
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by afiyahnadeem)
for question 5a i am possibly predicting that something to do with hospitals in the middle ages may come up; as it has not come up at all in any of the exam paper since 2011...any other predictions guys?
i cannot that this actually came up o_o
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (119)
4.96%
Uncertainty around my education (357)
14.87%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (263)
10.95%
Lack of purpose or motivation (338)
14.08%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (109)
4.54%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (141)
5.87%
Loneliness (208)
8.66%
Financial worries (89)
3.71%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (100)
4.16%
Exposure to negative news/social media (116)
4.83%
Lack of real life entertainment (128)
5.33%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (208)
8.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (225)
9.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed