MacGyver
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,
I hope i can find some other students who will do the business studies as exam on tuesday the 19th of may (F291 introduction to business OCR).
Has anybody of you got any good revision notes or any general tips for the exam which could be useful?
What are your predictions what is likely to come up?

Thank you and carry on with your revision!
LivingLife42
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi wondering how you answer an 'Evaluate' question?
mklui
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LivingLife42)
Hi wondering how you answer an 'Evaluate' question?
state the factors first, then describe it & explain in further, like how it affect the business/company and what result it MAY create.

after that you have to write the opposites which means that why it may not create the result as expected

then may be compare them and analyse in which situation which result will be created

helpful?
MacGyver
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Has anybody got any predictions which might come up?
LivingLife42
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mklui)
state the factors first, then describe it & explain in further, like how it affect the business/company and what result it MAY create.

after that you have to write the opposites which means that why it may not create the result as expected

then may be compare them and analyse in which situation which result will be created

helpful?
Yes thank you, also how important is it, to relate to the unseen case study?
LivingLife42
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MacGyver)
Has anybody got any predictions which might come up?
A question on aims and objectives changing etc
tashy_123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LivingLife42)
Yes thank you, also how important is it, to relate to the unseen case study?
It is so important to refer to the case study, you can never hit level 3 unless you analyse and evaluate in terms of the business
tweety97
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MacGyver)
Hello,
I hope i can find some other students who will do the business studies as exam on tuesday the 19th of may (F291 introduction to business OCR).
Has anybody of you got any good revision notes or any general tips for the exam which could be useful?
What are your predictions what is likely to come up?

Thank you and carry on with your revision!
the exam is on monday
kam123456
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
for a question such as, 'evaluate the factors which are likely to influence the future success of mcdonalds' ..................... after mentioning each factor and the positives, do i have to then state why the factor may not affect the future success of mcdonalds to achieve higher marks
LivingLife42
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Methods of production aren't in this paper right?
LivingLife42
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Please can somebody tell me how to reach Level 4. Don't understand the short/long term stuff....
Rifle Eyes
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How did everyone find this?
NorwichCityFC
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think I failed. **** case study.
SellersOHR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sup fellas,

It was alright 18 marker was good. Think I got 100%.

Easy.
Mathematical Vic
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've never seen a worse case study, I'm resitting from last year because I got a D and I'm seriously doubting whether I've even improved. The business was private but controlled by the government and didn't want to make a profit and didn't own the trains but wanted to make a faster rail service and I just... Like seriously what the hell was the examiner thinking putting this in an F291 paper? I was SO ready for this exam, if someone asked me a general question I'd be able to answer it but this case study gave us nothing. I hardly even answered the 10 mark question. So angry and disappointed.
NorwichCityFC
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mathematical Vic)
I've never seen a worse case study, I'm resitting from last year because I got a D and I'm seriously doubting whether I've even improved. The business was private but controlled by the government and didn't want to make a profit and didn't own the trains but wanted to make a faster rail service and I just... Like seriously what the hell was the examiner thinking putting this in an F291 paper? I was SO ready for this exam, if someone asked me a general question I'd be able to answer it but this case study gave us nothing. I hardly even answered the 10 mark question. So angry and disappointed.

Amen to this. The questions on their own were pretty easy, but applying them to the question and analysing in reference to the objectives on the business just seemed so hard for me. Got A's in all the past papers I did - simple businesses with obvious objectives like McDonalds..
BigRosslad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SellersOHR)
Sup fellas,

It was alright 18 marker was good. Think I got 100%.

Easy.
Na mate your retarded
BigRosslad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The case study was a **** head. If Arsenal didn't win the FA Cup on Saturday I would absolutely nut whoever this OCR fella is. Such a joke.
yazmingulsen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I agree! The case study was so confusing. Private company owned by the government.. Don't think I did well either

Posted from TSR Mobile
SellersOHR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BigRosslad)
The case study was a **** head. If Arsenal didn't win the FA Cup on Saturday I would absolutely nut whoever this OCR fella is. Such a joke.
Amem to that brother. There was like no time either.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads