The Student Room Group

OCR F291 introduction to business

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yazmingulsen
I agree! The case study was so confusing. Private company owned by the government.. Don't think I did well either

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know baby same here. Maybe come round mine and we can revise some F292? Xxxx
The questions were also much harder than any I had ever seen. Question 3 is not on the spec and more suited to an economics paper and the question about technology was not simply about implications like every single other tech question in the past but rather 'How it would effect the running of the business' which took me ages to mull over.
Original post by BigRosslad
I know baby same here. Maybe come round mine and we can revise some F292? Xxxx

So nice of you. I'm not doing F292 hun, good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So nice of you. I'm not doing F292 hun, good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

aw ok darling, offers still on to come over though, hope you did ok! Xx
Nah mate yaz is coming round mine init baby :wink:
is this for a-level business or gcse, i have my gcse business and people ocr exam on wednesday
Reply 26
Pathetic excuse of a case. Didn't get much down for the 18 marker thanks to the ridiculous time frame too.
I didn't find it too bad
Original post by Gooner33333
I didn't find it too bad

What kind of things did you put to the technology question?
I Wrote that technology can reduce costs in the long term through increased efficiency. Also that it can process more sales in a given time period than humans. More sales -> more revenue -> once costs are deducted more profit meaning more to reinvest in the rail network.

Then on the other hand I said replacing workers with technology causes de motivation among the remaining staff members and therefore causes them to be less productive at work. This causes sales to decrease ->less profit -> less to reinvest
Original post by Rifle Eyes
What kind of things did you put to the technology question?
By sales I mean at the station through tickets for the train companies as well as more companies paying to use the network railtracks
Reply 31
Original post by Gooner33333
I Wrote that technology can reduce costs in the long term through increased efficiency. Also that it can process more sales in a given time period than humans. More sales -> more revenue -> once costs are deducted more profit meaning more to reinvest in the rail network.

Then on the other hand I said replacing workers with technology causes de motivation among the remaining staff members and therefore causes them to be less productive at work. This causes sales to decrease ->less profit -> less to reinvest

I put a very similar answer to this! Although I agree with the others that the case was very confusing, did this as a resit but don't think I've improved on my B from last year.
Original post by Katie189
I put a very similar answer to this! Although I agree with the others that the case was very confusing, did this as a resit but don't think I've improved on my B from last year.

I do have to agree as well. I'm not saying the case study was easy

The thing I found worrying about this question was it did not ask implication of improved technology, the question was worded something like 'How will it change the way NR acts' so I wasnt sure what to put.
Reply 34
Original post by Rifle Eyes
The thing I found worrying about this question was it did not ask implication of improved technology, the question was worded something like 'How will it change the way NR acts' so I wasnt sure what to put.

I think it asked how it would affect how it operates, so hopefully operating more efficiantly will come under that!

What did everyone put for demand and supply question, that confused me a bit?
Reply 35
What did everyone put for demand and supply question, that confused me a bit?

Was that the government subsidy one? That would have been easy if the business actually had a goal to fulfil (like open new stores). But the case literally had nothing to link back.
Original post by ad0205
Was that the government subsidy one? That would have been easy if the business actually had a goal to fulfil (like open new stores). But the case literally had nothing to link back.

I just put the graph as an increase in supply as it would allow them to maybe increase output by investing in new tracks. There wasn't much help from the case study

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
I just put the graph as an increase in supply as it would allow them to maybe increase output by investing in new tracks. There wasn't much help from the case study

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I put increase in supply too! Thank god :')
Original post by kam123456
for a question such as, 'evaluate the factors which are likely to influence the future success of mcdonalds' ..................... after mentioning each factor and the positives, do i have to then state why the factor may not affect the future success of mcdonalds to achieve higher marks

I really don't think you have to address the factors that may NOT. Its like setting your own question. Rather, be more elaborate within the right scope which is what you started with.
I agree! The case study was so confusing. Private company owned by the government.. Don't think I did well either

Posted from TSR Mobile

How does a gov control a private company? I guess it is a parastatal- gov having some shares or it is under surveillance of some sort. Otherwise the idea is sick

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending