The Student Room Group

Average price of a student room in Oxford?

Due to start postgrad study in Oxford in September, coming from a different university. I have limited finance - can anyone help me in assessing what the average rent per week is so I know what is a fair price? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Imogene
Due to start postgrad study in Oxford in September, coming from a different university. I have limited finance - can anyone help me in assessing what the average rent per week is so I know what is a fair price? Thanks :smile:

Depends on the standard you're after... lets say £100 per week as an average. You can find cheaper, you can find more expensive.
Oxford as a city isn't cheap, housing costs constantly going up in the area do have a play on the rental prices unfortunately.
The daily rate is between £16 - £21, so you will be looking at £500 pm minimum and with the highest being £650. All University accommodation do include utility bills.

If you move away from University accommodation, into a house share out of the city centre (Cowley/Headington areas - of which there are a lot) then you could potentially find a rate of £400 pm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending