How to get an A* in GCSE History Watch

ollyc123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have my GCSE History exam tomorrow on Medicine Through Time (Edexcel). Does anyone have any tips on how to get an A* i.e. PEE Point Structure etc? All tips are appreciated, thanks!
famzyjaanxx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
im not an edexcel board but i no wat u have to do for aqa???
AnimeNerd36
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You just have to make sure that you link the source to your knowledge, as in what year it was and what went on in that year, and make sure you explain your points clearly and in ordered paragraphs.

If your exam tomorrow is Unit 1 like me then it is the source paper on Medicine Through Time and Germany. Since it is the source paper you can use your English skills and blag your way through if you really have to
gcsestudent_0238
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you need to do some more revision I recommend you have a go with the memrise website - just google memrise, make an account, click browse and then type History of Medicine GCSE, then click the picture of Leonardo da Vinci's vitruvian man and start learning - I've found it really useful. The website has a weird garden metaphor but you quickly get used to it. It's really good for remembering key facts. Hope it's helpful for your exam!
Shanahey
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got an A* last year, look through the Hodder examples (usually on the workbook answers which you can easily find online). Also, in the exam for the source paper, circle things that look interesting to you, and comment on why it's there, significance, time etc etc. Usually in OCR, they like observations that are out of the blue and not common, so it's worth a thought. I hope it's kind of relevant to you because I did OCR, which was also Medicine Through Time. Make sure to also look at the past papers before and the markschemes with it... know all of your facts!!
Good luck with the exam!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (44)
12.12%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
10.74%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.03%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.48%
No (260)
71.63%

Watched Threads