The wording of this year's exam questions

Watch
tomcat941
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Am I the only one that has noticed that these papers seem quite different to the past papers, particularly biology? I now that this year they are meant to be making the exam harder, but I feel like the questions are being worded completely differently, almost like you have to decipher what they are actually answer. I've had it a couple of times where its taken me a couple of minutes to figure out what I'm actually being asked. And the marks seem off; the topics of the 6 mark questions don't seem complex enough to actually warrant 6 marks, whereas some 4 mark questions could have. Am I the only one seeing this?
v1lisax
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No i am completely the same! I feel that they have changed so much and all the past papers i have seen don't have any similarities. I am on OCR 21st century for GCSE and i have noticed for the sciences it seems to be much more logical thinking- i don't know if its for better or for worse!
Flippant
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
the AQA's been a right pain for this so far imo, i don't know what's up with it. there was an AS level topic (technology and censorship) on our higher tier french listening paper that totally threw a lot of people off too, and all the kerfuffle with the physical geography exam. was anyone told about the changes in advance?
tomcat941
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I don't think even the schools knew what the changes were going to be like. I'm glad that I never use past papers to revise, because they can't have been any help for these exams. Although my philosophy and ethics A level was the one that seemed normal, and was actually easier than the Biology GCSE. But I think it is with different boards. Most of my exams where I've noticed a change has been with AQA.
tigergirl8282
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I completely agree, especially for the AQA French exams, the questions were so different! It asked us to do stuff that never came up before :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (28)
5.67%
Uncertainty around my education (57)
11.54%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (58)
11.74%
Lack of purpose or motivation (66)
13.36%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (27)
5.47%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (21)
4.25%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (53)
10.73%
Financial worries (29)
5.87%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
4.05%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
6.48%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (14)
2.83%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (48)
9.72%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (41)
8.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed