The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Physics exam - 19th May

Scroll to see replies

Has there been a 6 marker discussing the different types of radiation (alpha, beta, gamma) yet? P2
Reply 61
Could you give me the model answer of motor effect for a 6 marker by any chance? This topic confuses me :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I swear people in the exam are going to look at me all weird when I'm trying to do Fleming's left hand rule,
I really hate physics as well :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by noshahmad
I swear people in the exam are going to look at me all weird when I'm trying to do Fleming's left hand rule,
I really hate physics as well :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Once I nearly fell off my chair in the exam trying to do the left hand rule -_-

I just use the left hand palm rule, which doesn't really need you to twist your hand into weird positions :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xoflower
That there is a nucleus, there is space in an atom and that the nucleus is positively charged ? :s-smilie:

Yep, that's it.

Also, I think that you're supposed to know that most of the mass is concentrated in the nucleus and the rest is mostly empty space, but that's pretty much it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AlphaNick
Yes in January 2014.

I didn't think there had been a jan 14 paper? Is it just on the aqa website?

I looked and there isn't one?
(edited 9 years ago)
time to learn all of p3 today! :biggrin:
Original post by majmuh24
Yep, that's it.

Also, I think that you're supposed to know that most of the mass is concentrated in the nucleus and the rest is mostly empty space, but that's pretty much it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've given the results of the experiment, and the corresponding conclusions you're expected to draw:
- the majority of the alpha particles passed straight through - the atom is mostly empty space
- some alpha particles were reflected at small angles - the nucleus is positively charged (as it was repelled by the positively charged gold nuclei in the foil)
- a few alpha particles were deflected at very large angles - there is a large central mass within the atom (the nucleus)

This contradicted the 'plum pudding' model which stated differently that the electrons were suspended within the positive charge, which had no empty space.

Original post by majmuh24

I just use the left hand palm rule, which doesn't really need you to twist your hand into weird positions :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the palm rule?

I swear if that rule comes up I'm gonna burst out laughing at how ridiculous everyone looks
Not yet, but this is the question:

P2 jan14.png

How have you got access to it? Could you send it to me?
Original post by CallumS343
What's the palm rule?

I swear if that rule comes up I'm gonna burst out laughing at how ridiculous everyone looks

It's basically like the left hand rule, but you put your fingers perpendicular to your thumb and open your palm. The thumb represents the current and the fingers represent the magnetic field, and your palm should face in the direction of the force.

It just means that you don't have to twist your hand into lots of weird shapes :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arithmeticae

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha :biggrin: I just hope they don't think I'm cheating because I'm communicating with my hands,
What's the left hand palm rule? :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by noshahmad
Hahaha :biggrin: I just hope they don't think I'm cheating because I'm communicating with my hands,
What's the left hand palm rule? :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Check the post above your one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How was your physics unit 2 exam guys:smile:
Reply 75
What did everyone get for the clockwise momentum calculation question?

I got 7700Nm
Reply 76
Original post by mevish.shah
How was your physics unit 2 exam guys:smile:

What did everyone get for the clockwise momentum calculation question?

I got 7700Nm
Reply 77
i got 7700Nm as well but i dont think that's right? That question confused me:confused:
Reply 78
Original post by Yousf
i got 7700Nm as well but i dont think that's right? That question confused me:confused:

how is it not right?

u work out total distance multiplied by total weight
Reply 79
I got 3800

Quick Reply

Latest