Football teams you have a "soft spot" for ?

Watch
redleader1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I know you probably passionate about your own team, however what team would/do you have a "soft spot" for and why, state your own team too.

Firstly, I am a Bradford fan and the team I have a soft spot is Leeds :eek:. The reason is because Leeds have a great fan base and are really passionate about their team. The town centre is really nice too and their the biggest team in Yorkshire.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bradford funnily enough. Villa fan. Thought they were very good at the semi final and enjoyed talking with them after the match. I like their dignity over the Bradford stadium fire as well.

Top club, top fans.
redleader1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Bradford funnily enough. Villa fan. Thought they were very good at the semi final and enjoyed talking with them after the match. I like their dignity over the Bradford stadium fire as well.

Top club, top fans.
Cheers mate, but have to admit with villa at home and away it was top banter and a really loud atmosphere, really good seeing a team with quality fans
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Galatasaray. Ever since I was younger seeing videos of their fans at their old ground I was mesmerised by them. Actually going there was special, for all the intimidation and hostility I felt right at home in "hell". When they're in full flow you look at them and see almost like an army fully willing to kill or die for their cause, at least that's how it feels! Their commitment to intense, wildly fierce, balls-to-the-walls, blood and thunder mayhem is ****ing wonderful. Love those guys!!
redleader1
Rep:
?
(Original post by IanDangerously)
Galatasaray. Ever since I was younger seeing videos of their fans at their old ground I was mesmerised by them. Actually going there was special, for all the intimidation and hostility I felt right at home in "hell". When they're in full flow you look at them and see almost like an army fully willing to kill or die for their cause, at least that's how it feels! Their commitment to intense, wildly fierce, balls-to-the-walls, blood and thunder mayhem is ****ing wonderful. Love those guys!!
Who do you support ?
The_Dragonborn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeovil Town. Silly reason: my mate and I were playing FIFA and decided to use random teams. He got Réal Madrid. I got Yeovil Town. I lost 6-2, but I can tell you we put up a damn good fight (despite the score) - every player had barely any stamina left, and I had to use two subs in the first half.
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by IMBCFC)
Who do you support ?
Man United
MagicNMedicine
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have a soft spot for Man United, they have so many loyal fans and you just will them to come out of the shadow of their big spending neighbours and show the world that there are actually two teams in Manchester.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm a Liverpool fan but Bolton will always have a soft spot in my heart. My family are fans and I regularly attended the Reebok growing up. I quite like Southampton, too, because of their ability to nurture young talent.
scrawlx101
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
swansea villa everton man u

unsure on who to support...
redleader1
Rep:
?
(Original post by scrawlx101)
swansea villa everton man u

unsure on who to support...
Support villa go to the holte end and see how it is
scrawlx101
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
villa and man u not a option,its either crystal palace swansea arsenal everton....
Nichrome
Badges: 18
Report 6 years ago
Crystal Palace for sure.
scrawlx101
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
update its either swansea or southampton i genuinely love both of them...whose more likely to finish higher next season and likely to buy more players?
Zeroic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Aston Villa and Fiorentina

West Ham United fan here

Before you think it's cause I like claret and blue, it's not but there's something about villa I like, whether it's the history or there stadium, Fiorentina are well just from a great city I guess

Oh and Stuttgart

Dad used to live there
Xabier
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm a Liverpool fan and I have soft spots for (too) many clubs, usually because they contain a group of players or a manager I like. For example Athletico Madrid, mainly because of their recovery from the Secunda division (and how they adore Torres for helping them to their promotion) and for being so competitive with a small and cheap squad whilst challenging their insanely rich rivals. Also Arsenal, because they've been so successful with such a relatively small amount of investment compared to the other big prem clubs and because I think Arsene Wenger is extremely nice (and smart). He does not deserve the criticism asking him to leave.
Arkasia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Arsenal fan, but I have to say AC Milan, Borussia Dortmund or Man City (yeah, I know.)

Smaller clubs include Wycombe Wanderers and Leeds.
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ajax, QPR, 1860 Munich

To a lesser extent: AZ Alkmaar, Palace, Newcastle, Celtic, Schalke, 1.FC Koln, Union Berlin.

And the obligatory: BVB and Atletico since I have a heart like everyone else
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers (best mate's team), Norwich (mum's team).

Teams that I wouldn't say I had a 'soft spot' for but would like to see do well are probably Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Bradford, Huddersfield, Nottingham Forest, Cambridge United, Dagenham & Redbridge, Charlton, Crystal Palace, Millwall, Wimbledon (basically every South London team). Mainly the aforementioned so we can play them sooner!

Used to not mind Leeds either but I've been to Elland Road now and it was a ballache in every respect. We lost 2-1 as well :grumble:
TheNervousWreck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm an Arsenal fan but I have a soft spot for a few clubs:

Notts County, Aston Villa, Derby County, Nottingham Forrest, Blackpool, Bolton Wanderers, Millwall, Yeovil Town

Don't really know why I just do.

I also have a strong disliking of a few teams:

Stoke, Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea and of course Tottenham
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (65)
18.9%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.83%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.94%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.2%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.93%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.26%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.78%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.49%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.33%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.74%

Watched Threads