The Student Room Group

Is health and social care gcse the necessary for medicine pathway?

I had my option evening last night and i choose health and social care , geography and triple science gcse:redface::awesome: and right now i am thinking if health and social care was the necessary pathway for me to go if i want to be involved in medicine when i am older? Otherwise i would have picked something better. Is it easy to get A or A*? Does it take a lot if dedication and commitement? Is it interesting? What makes it different from odinary triple?

These questions have been going through my head since last night and i would like some answers from u guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't do health and social care and never have, but it's not necessary at all. You need biology, chemistry and maths (and decent english)
Original post by TracyEmu
I had my option evening last night and i choose health and social care , geography and triple science gcse:redface::awesome: and right now i am thinking if health and social care was the necessary pathway for me to go if i want to be involved in medicine when i am older? Otherwise i would have picked something better. Is it easy to get A or A*? Does it take a lot if dedication and commitement? Is it interesting? What makes it different from odinary triple?

These questions have been going through my head since last night and i would like some answers from u guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good grief - do you want to do medicine - then don't touch these mickey mouse subjects. Three sciences; maths; a language other than english; bit of history and maybe geography. RE or philosophy and ethics. Sorted
Reply 3
Thanks. What makes health and social care good and necessary for some medicine courses? Ant ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I think health and social care is probably seen as a soft subject. Seems easy to get an A* in. But at Uni they mainly look that you have A*'s in Maths, Sciences and English.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks. What makes health and social care good and necessary for some medicine courses? Ant ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Health and social can get you into nursing, but won't have anything to do with medicine. They want academic subjects for medicine - health and social isn't seen as academic.
If you're interested in doing medicine in uni and the entry requirements, go onto www.ucas.com , search for medicine and look at the entry requirements for the uni's. They normally say what GCSE's they're looking for (as well as A levels).
I had my option evening last night and i choose health and social care , geography and triple science gcse:o:awesome: and right now i am thinking if health and social care was the necessary pathway for me to go if i want to be involved in medicine when i am older? Otherwise i would have picked something better. Is it easy to get A or A*? Does it take a lot if dedication and commitement? Is it interesting? What makes it different from odinary triple?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey, I know I’m late but I was thinking of health and social, triple science and history- is that a good choice? Where are you at in your life now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending