Is health and social care gcse the necessary for medicine pathway?

Watch
TracyEmu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I had my option evening last night and i choose health and social care , geography and triple science gcse:awesome: and right now i am thinking if health and social care was the necessary pathway for me to go if i want to be involved in medicine when i am older? Otherwise i would have picked something better. Is it easy to get A or A*? Does it take a lot if dedication and commitement? Is it interesting? What makes it different from odinary triple?

These questions have been going through my head since last night and i would like some answers from u guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
abbalarr95
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't do health and social care and never have, but it's not necessary at all. You need biology, chemistry and maths (and decent english)
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TracyEmu)
I had my option evening last night and i choose health and social care , geography and triple science gcse:awesome: and right now i am thinking if health and social care was the necessary pathway for me to go if i want to be involved in medicine when i am older? Otherwise i would have picked something better. Is it easy to get A or A*? Does it take a lot if dedication and commitement? Is it interesting? What makes it different from odinary triple?

These questions have been going through my head since last night and i would like some answers from u guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good grief - do you want to do medicine - then don't touch these mickey mouse subjects. Three sciences; maths; a language other than english; bit of history and maybe geography. RE or philosophy and ethics. Sorted
TracyEmu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks. What makes health and social care good and necessary for some medicine courses? Ant ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i08arkir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think health and social care is probably seen as a soft subject. Seems easy to get an A* in. But at Uni they mainly look that you have A*'s in Maths, Sciences and English.

Posted from TSR Mobile
abbalarr95
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks. What makes health and social care good and necessary for some medicine courses? Ant ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Health and social can get you into nursing, but won't have anything to do with medicine. They want academic subjects for medicine - health and social isn't seen as academic.
If you're interested in doing medicine in uni and the entry requirements, go onto www.ucas.com , search for medicine and look at the entry requirements for the uni's. They normally say what GCSE's they're looking for (as well as A levels).
username5613474
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I had my option evening last night and i choose health and social care , geography and triple science gcse:o:awesome: and right now i am thinking if health and social care was the necessary pathway for me to go if i want to be involved in medicine when i am older? Otherwise i would have picked something better. Is it easy to get A or A*? Does it take a lot if dedication and commitement? Is it interesting? What makes it different from odinary triple?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey, I know I’m late but I was thinking of health and social, triple science and history- is that a good choice? Where are you at in your life now?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (61)
29.05%
No (149)
70.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed