The Student Room Group

Physics 1P - IGCSE Edexcel - Discussion of Answers (15/05/2014)

Discussion of answers and how you felt about the exam? To start off, what did you guys think about the number of 5 markers? Urgh.
Reply 1
OMG .. The 5 markers didnt go well wid me too...
Reply 2
What did you guys put for the kinetic energy at maximum height
Original post by alexandrahowes11
Discussion of answers and how you felt about the exam? To start off, what did you guys think about the number of 5 markers? Urgh.

**** edexcel! they were jst ****ing crazy! i mean seriously? the questions were so tough!
Original post by zakimak

0 joules i guess...:/
Original post by _Omi
OMG .. The 5 markers didnt go well wid me too...

I legit got like 1 out of each! Like I knew what they were asking and what to answer for like half of them but I've missed so many things out on each! My memory is sooo bad!
Original post by zakimak

56J - 12J = 44J is what I put.
Original post by Killerfishfinger
56J - 12J = 44J is what I put.

yeaahhh because no energy is lost! What was that question where it asked what the definition of that term was on the question with the sanky diagram??
Reply 8
Original post by alexandrahowes11
I legit got like 1 out of each! Like I knew what they were asking and what to answer for like half of them but I've missed so many things out on each! My memory is sooo bad!

yeah it was even i lost most of the marks.. the questions were a tough .. wanna target on the 2P now tht z the only hope :frown:
Guys, about question 8 (if someone remember), there were two containers and the student was measuring the heat loss... In 8bi it was asking “state one variable that the student plans to control” and i answered thickness of container . And for 8bii, i wrote about insulation,reducing heat loss and fair test. But now i have 0 points from 3 points. And what really is painfull, i lost A* with two points, i appealed but they didnt accept and reduced my points... Can someone pls suggest why they did this?! :frown: :confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cypriot_sila
Guys, about question 8 (if someone remember), there were two containers and the student was measuring the heat loss... In 8bi it was asking “state one variable that the student plans to control” and i answered thickness of container . And for 8bii, i wrote about insulation,reducing heat loss and fair test. But now i have 0 points from 3 points. And what really is painfull, i lost A* with two points, i appealed but they didnt accept and reduced my points... Can someone pls suggest why they did this?! :frown: :confused:

I think that they must have remarked your paper and taken marks off some other questions in your paper.
Original post by Ramighanem99
I think that they must have remarked your paper and taken marks off some other questions in your paper.

That was the first thing that i tought... But its really impossible... I saw there was no point to take off... Actually there were 5-6 points to give... I disscussed withe my physics teacher and she said you are right.. :frown::frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cypriot_sila
Firstly, that was the thing that i tought... But its really impossible... I saw there was no point to take off... Actually there were 5-6 points to give... I disscussed withe my physics teacher and she said you are right.. :frown::frown:

Btw, how do u know there are 5-6 marks 2 give?
Original post by Ramighanem99
Btw, how do u know there are 5-6 marks 2 give?

I saw how did they marked my answers, and i remember how did i answered them.. And I disscussed questions and answers with my physics teacher just after the exam... I was sure to get A*...

Quick Reply

Latest