The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Goldney vs Hiatt Baker (self-catered) vs Wills

Hi!
I've put Bristol as my firm choice and was wondering which of these halls have the best social life? Which one would have an extremely active JCR planning loads of events? I want to apply to the new building at HB that is currently under construction, any thoughts on that?
Original post by janetcockie
Hi!
I've put Bristol as my firm choice and was wondering which of these halls have the best social life? Which one would have an extremely active JCR planning loads of events? I want to apply to the new building at HB that is currently under construction, any thoughts on that?

Hey, if you ask on the accom thread you'll get more answers. I'm a firmer as well, but from what I gather they're all different. Eg, Wills is more 'rah' but they say not overwhelmingly. Like they have formals every Friday and it has the second, although it used to be the first, highest percentage of grammar/private school students. Not that it's a big deal but just something think think about.

HB is going to be new do it has no rep really but it will be part of the catered bit so the hall will be the biggest loudest and most social espesh since HB catered is known as the most social along with Badock. The en suite is the same price as sharing a bathroom between two but that means the en suite will be mad oversubscribed; it'd be easier to get into the shared.

Goldney is in Clifton so although it's one of the two of the social Clifton halls, it won't have the campus feel that the others have.

Goldney saves a bit of money but is oversubscribed.

Wills is nice for formals but pricy and 'rah'ish.

HB C is new, big, fun but expensive. It would also have the most into JCR followed by Wills.

Hope this helped! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending