The Student Room Group

WJEC Religious Studies - Ethics - June 11th 2014

general discussion.
Hey guys!!!!, any predictions for virtue ethics and just war theory?
Reply 2
Original post by VintageJunkie
Hey guys!!!!, any predictions for virtue ethics and just war theory?

I don't do virtue ethics but for war, i think it might be holy war for part A and to what extent is it applicable to modern warfare for part B or Civil conflict in part A and self defence in justifying a pre emptive strike in part B
Ohhh excellent, I thought holy war and argument for modern warfare aswelll
I was also thinking, outline features of pacifism might come as it hasnt been asked
Cheers big help!!
Do you think for and against arms manufacture is likely
Reply 7
Do you think for and against arms manufacture is likely

nope - 2012
Wow is there no one else doing this exam :/
Reply 9
Wow is there no one else doing this exam :/

how did you find it? how did you answer the pacifism question?
Well it was soooo strange that they did pacifism even though its been done several times, I basically just used common sense to answer it, defined the different types, related it to religious perspectives and modern day pacifists... but i was still unprepared apart from that it wasn't too bad, what about you?
Reply 11
Yeah same, was very wierd that they asked it. For the first part, I just went through quotes from the Old Testament supporting pacifism e.g. Isaiah 9- every garment rolled in blood shall be burnt as fuel for the fire, of peace there shall be no end". Then I did New Testament quotes from Jesus e.g blessed are the peacemakers and then I went on to how Jesus teachings formed the Early Church and gave quotes from the teachers of the early church and then I went on to say how that lead on to how the early church influenced modern pacifists like Amish and Quakers and gave examples of them demonstrating pacifism and then I went on to the downfall of pacifism as a result of the conversion of emperor Constantine at milvian bridge in 312ad and then how that downfall lead to Augustine's just war theory and then aquinas' just war theory both of which are examples of contingent pacifism

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest