The Student Room Group

Assessment centre in the middle of final year exams

Hi
I've been invited to an assessment centre for a graduate job but the only problem is that it's on Tuesday, and I have final year exams on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday the same week. It's about a three hour drive away so ideally I'd have to go the night before. I'm really torn as to whether I should go or not. The job is perfect for me but then I don't want to risk doing well it my exams. I tried to rearrange it for a different date but there is only one assessment centre being held for this role. Advice please?

:confused:
Reply 1
It's a difficult one really.

Depends where you're at.
Do you know what you would need to achieve in your exams to pass with a 2.1?
If you're quite comfortably able to pass, and your revision is coming along well, I would say to go for it.

However, if the answer is no, then 100% you should not go to the assessment centre.

Jobs come and go, there will be plenty of time for applications and assessment centres once you graduate.

You can risk losing this job, but you cannot risk not getting a 2.1 for something that isn't certain (and will probably require you to achieve a 2.1 in the first place)

In my opinion, it's a little too close for comfort!

If you decide to do it anyway, i'd suggest taking the train down so you can at least revise on the train and back and not lose those 6 hours completely.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I would go if I were you... I went to an assessment in the middle of my January exams and it's all worked out alright.

I guess you know how well prepared you are in general though. I agree with the poster above that maybe it's worth getting the train and having a proper revision session there.

I suppose if your average is literally 60 and you're risking your 2:1 by going, you should probably stay at home and study, but I would view this as a great chance to land a good job without having to spend months on the dole.

Ignore the sunshine, get your head down and study now to make up for it!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending