The Student Room Group

Can i apply to the same uni in clearing that has rejected me already?

Ok! So i applied for the course of ODP to 5 uni's and unfortunately all 5 of them rejected me.
One of the uni rejected me because i don't have IELTS or GCSE, now i have booked myself IELTS exam so i was wondering can i apply to the same uni through clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
You can apply, but it might be a bit pointless. But if you're sure it was only because of IELTS (and not a combination of that and other things) then give it a go. However, you need to remember that there's no guarantee the uni will have spaces in Clearing.
You are not barred from applying, but that doesn't neccessarily mean the university will accept you.

As you were missing English language requirements, it is possible the university may not have even looked at the rest of your application. It is also possible, as Juno said, that the rejection was due to a combination of factors, not just the lack of a particular qualification. If all 5 universities rejected you, it is likely there were some major problems with your application (of course, the lack of an English language qualification is likely to be one of them).

If you are going to be in clearing anyway, there is no harm in applying, but you should prepare yourself for potential disappointment.
I don't understand why the uni wouldn't give you a conditional offer based on attaining your IELTS. That's what they do with the rest of the international population. :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by czechmishaout
I don't understand why the uni wouldn't give you a conditional offer based on attaining your IELTS. That's what they do with the rest of the international population. :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't put on your application that you're doing it, they can't make you an offer based on it
Yes you can,
I think the English language requirement is holding you back. So only re-apply when you have it. Or it will be another rejection. Goo luck :smile:
Original post by Juno
If you don't put on your application that you're doing it, they can't make you an offer based on it

Oh wow! I risked a lot then - I didn't put anything about intending to take IELTS and luckily got all unconditionals, but I wasn't aware you had to state you'd take them.
However, I could swear my friend didn't mention any intentions to take a language test and still got a conditional from Glasgow requiring her to attain a 7 or something on the test. :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Well 3 of the uni's rejected me because i failed to attend interview. And i dont really care about their rejection as i wasn't going there anyways.
One of the uni rejected me saying that my personal statement did not show why i wana do this course. Its the 5th uni that rejected because of my english language qualification.
Thank you all for your replies :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Get in touch with the 5th uni and explain you're taking the exam and see whether they say they'll consider you based on that. Saves disappointment come clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending