maddiegarcia
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, just wondering what sort of things I need to know for the exam... Our teacher was so unclear about what we need to revise :/
Alexandraxox
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What grade is your coursework?
maddiegarcia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alexandraxox)
What grade is your coursework?
I got an A*, 87/90
doodle97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
there's two sections... A- which is a design section and B- which is kind of like your general textiles knowledge exam...

It's quite easy to prepare for section A as it's pre released, and you know the topic you're design question is on (i'm guessing you're with AQA exam board with this info :P ) which i can't remember off the top of my head but it's along the lines of a fairground product for teenagers that includes a range of decorative techniques you'll get two initial design questions, make sure you do two different items and designs, you don't have to colour these and you only need to annotate a few points usually 5 or 6 for each initial idea is enough. for the developed idea... you tick which one of the idea's you want to develop and use the item you designed but can now go to town on the design. use colour on this idea (you won't have too much time for colouring, so come back to this at the end... colour a few key things first) annotate this design well... be as specific as possible and again if you have time at the end just add more notes to your annotation.

section B is harder to prepare for :/ it's just general textiles knowledge from the book really.. the key things we were told to focus on is our fabrics and fibres, decorative techniques, a couple of embroidery stitches (incase they ask you 'choose an embroidery stitch and explain how to do this particular stitch), the exam board are quite fond of putting in questions on how communication and ICT can relate and help the textiles industry, heath and safety and just the general terminology (what textiles words mean) apart from that... a lot of the exam is just common sense really

I hope this helps! and well done for the awesome grade in you're coursework! I'm sure you'll get you're A*!
FlowaPowa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My teacher is bad too:/ im unsure about what to do for the fairground theme o.O
FlowaPowa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My teacher is bad too! im unsure about what to do for the fairground theme..
M_E_Rosie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FlowaPowa)
My teacher is bad too:/ im unsure about what to do for the fairground theme o.O
I did textiles last year and for the theme of your designs make a really big mood board with everything that you associate with the fair, it doesn't have to be rides it can be costumes and colours/patterns be prepared for them to throw something at you that you're not expecting - last year they asked us to design a bag to go with the you product that we were designing which was a bit if a shock!!

This is all for AQA btw..

In section B there's usually ALWAYS a question on decorative technique/stitching so prepare a step by step plan that you can remember before you go in good luck!!
maddiegarcia
Rep:
?
(Original post by doodle97)
there's two sections... A- which is a design section and B- which is kind of like your general textiles knowledge exam...

It's quite easy to prepare for section A as it's pre released, and you know the topic you're design question is on (i'm guessing you're with AQA exam board with this info :P ) which i can't remember off the top of my head but it's along the lines of a fairground product for teenagers that includes a range of decorative techniques you'll get two initial design questions, make sure you do two different items and designs, you don't have to colour these and you only need to annotate a few points usually 5 or 6 for each initial idea is enough. for the developed idea... you tick which one of the idea's you want to develop and use the item you designed but can now go to town on the design. use colour on this idea (you won't have too much time for colouring, so come back to this at the end... colour a few key things first) annotate this design well... be as specific as possible and again if you have time at the end just add more notes to your annotation.

section B is harder to prepare for :/ it's just general textiles knowledge from the book really.. the key things we were told to focus on is our fabrics and fibres, decorative techniques, a couple of embroidery stitches (incase they ask you 'choose an embroidery stitch and explain how to do this particular stitch), the exam board are quite fond of putting in questions on how communication and ICT can relate and help the textiles industry, heath and safety and just the general terminology (what textiles words mean) apart from that... a lot of the exam is just common sense really

I hope this helps! and well done for the awesome grade in you're coursework! I'm sure you'll get you're A*!

Thanks SO much for your help!!! I really appreciate it x
maddiegarcia
Rep:
?
(Original post by FlowaPowa)
My teacher is bad too! im unsure about what to do for the fairground theme..
Name:  Photo on 17-05-2014 at 14.57.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  194.1 KBThis is all I've done for the fairground theme... I'm sorry that its not easy to read due to it being mirror image

But the question given is:

DESIGN BRIEF
You have been asked to design a textile product suitable to be sold from a high street shop aimed at teenagers

THE TEXTILE PRODUCT MUST BE
. Based on the theme of Fairground
. Suitable as a fashion item for a Teenager
. Include one or more decorative techniques
Alexandraxox
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by maddiegarcia)
Name:  Photo on 17-05-2014 at 14.57.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  194.1 KBThis is all I've done for the fairground theme... I'm sorry that its not easy to read due to it being mirror image

DESIGN BRIEF
You have been asked to design a textile product suitable to be sold from a high street shop aimed at teenagers

Is this for the AQA exam board?
maddiegarcia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alexandraxox)
Is this for the AQA exam board?
Yep
FlowaPowa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
e fairground theme... I'm sorry that its not easy to read due to it being mirror image

DESIGN BRIEF

[/QUOTE]

I did textiles last year and for the theme of your designs make a really big mood board with everything that you associate with the fair, it doesn't have to be rides it can be costumes and colours/patterns be prepared for them to throw something at you that you're not expecting - last year they asked us to design a bag to go with the you product that we were designing which was a bit if a shock!!

This is all for AQA btw..

In section B there's usually ALWAYS a question on decorative technique/stitching so prepare a step by step plan that you can remember before you go in good luck!!

Thanks guys!! I thought it was supposed to be something to wear at the fairground. So I'm guessing it may involve any product with a fairground theme to it.
FlowaPowa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
im such a fail at using tsr -_- lolll
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (76)
14.96%
1 (70)
13.78%
2 (66)
12.99%
20.67%
20.08%
5 (89)
17.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise