The Student Room Group

Pleeeease help what are 5 working days from Thursday?

Missed exam yesterday (Thursday)
"There are a number or reasons why your claim may be rejected, including submitting your claim later than five working days after the assessment date/deadline"

So when is the deadline for my claim? Is Sunday a working day?
In all of history, when has Sunday ever been a working day??

And how did you manage to miss an exam?

Five working days from Thursday - Next Thursday.
The thursday after I would imagine
I'm starting to wonder whether missing your exam completely might have actually been to your advantage.
Given that you've already missed an exam, why not play this straight and plan to get the form in before the eleventh hour?...
Reply 5
Why did you miss your exam?
Reply 6
Original post by PsychadelicScarf
In all of history, when has Sunday ever been a working day??

And how did you manage to miss an exam?

Five working days from Thursday - Next Thursday.

I thought so.I think the stress has gotten to me and I'm starting to panic.
I missed my exam because I was sick I went to doctor wrote a letter but my tutor said it would be inadmissible because the doctor didn't write the date of the exam I missed :frown:

So have to see doctor again finding it tough when you have consecutive exams after another.I was meant to go today to ask doctor to change it but I attended my 3 hour exam today so missed my appointment as my doctor left at 12 pm.Also no doctor on the weekends(surgery closed) and I also have exams on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday morning :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sarah22345
I thought so.I think the stress has gotten to me and I'm starting to panic.
I missed my exam because I was sick I went to doctor wrote a letter but my tutor said it would be admissible because the doctor didn't write the date of the exam I missed :frown:

So have to see doctor again finding it tough when you have consecutive exams after another.I was meant to go today to ask doctor to change it but I attended my 3 hour exam today so missed my appointment as my doctor left at 12 pm.Also no doctor on the weekends(surgery closed) and I also have exams on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday morning :frown:

Aww dayum. Whats going to happen about your exam that you missed?
I can feel the stress passing form you to me. Glad it isn't me.
Reply 9
Aww dayum. Whats going to happen about your exam that you missed?

Well if I provide a doctors note with the correct date before next Thursday then should be fine I can attempt the exam during the deferred/referred period.but like I said it's difficult when I have three 3 hour exam on consecutive days next week and the doctors are only in on the mornings I need a change of surgery!
Ring the surgery and explain the problem to the receptionist. They may be able to get the doctor to add the date to the letter without you seeing them again. Then you could pick the new version up from reception before/after your exam, even if the doctor isn't available.

Other than that, try not to let it affect your other exams. Hope you are feeling better now :smile:
Well if I provide a doctors note with the correct date before next Thursday then should be fine I can attempt the exam during the deferred/referred period.but like I said it's difficult when I have three 3 hour exam on consecutive days next week and the doctors are only in on the mornings I need a change of surgery!

Can't you nip in before one of your exams?
Reply 12
Original post by Green Epee
Ring the surgery and explain the problem to the receptionist. They may be able to get the doctor to add the date to the letter without you seeing them again. Then you could pick the new version up from reception before/after your exam, even if the doctor isn't available.

Other than that, try not to let it affect your other exams. Hope you are feeling better now :smile:

The receptionists are arsey.When I rang her she was like "You had an emergency appointment yesterday you don't need to see the doctor again" and when I told her my situation "I'm sure the letter was fine bla blah bla...well I can't change it without a doctor.The doctor left I can't do anything, get in contact again on Monday" after my exams are done I'm definitely going to change surgery.

Can't you nip in before one of your exams?

My exam starts at 9 a.m and the surgery opens at 9:15 am.I'm going to try and book an emergency appointment on Monday(ask my sister to ring them) and see if he's available in the afternoon.
Reply 13
Missed exam yesterday (Thursday)
"There are a number or reasons why your claim may be rejected, including submitting your claim later than five working days after the assessment date/deadline"

So when is the deadline for my claim? Is Sunday a working day?

Working day is Monday to Saturday, any day of the week were you could/would be required to work in a job
Original post by Tomsta
Working day is Monday to Saturday, any day of the week were you could/would be required to work in a job

Saturday is not a working day.
Let's count shall we; Friday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and then Friday.
Reply 16
Original post by RabbitCFH
Saturday is not a working day.

Some companies class it as a working day
Original post by Tomsta

If you work in a hospital or the police or something then Sunday is also a working day, 4am is "during work hours", and there's no such thing as a bank holiday. But for the rest of the country, "a working day" is Monday to Friday.
Original post by Tomsta

Emergency services, shops, banks etc., yeah. But it's not classed as a working day. Officially working week in the UK (and most Western countries) is Monday to Friday.

Quick Reply

Latest