The Student Room Group

History aqa exam.....rant!

what the hell was that first source???? soo confusing???? that paper was sooo difficult

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stargazer1
what the hell was that first source???? soo confusing???? that paper was sooo difficult

What one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2

the one with the prehistoric man.....how did you find the paper??????
Did you do spec b or a, i found my first two topics simple but third one tricky i dont think i had the same questions as you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
i did the Unit 01A - Medicine Through Time and i found it hard!
Original post by Ben4
Did you do spec b or a, i found my first two topics simple but third one tricky i dont think i had the same questions as you

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Prehistoric medicine man one?
Reply 6
I did AQA History Spec B - I found it good :smile:
Reply 7
i didn't know what to say about the prehistoric man!!
Reply 8
I did Spec B, topics 3, 4, and 5 and my teacher hasn't revised with us over them properly, so I think I did terrible, except on the Cuban Missile Crisis topic.
Original post by eoj89
I did Spec B, topics 3, 4, and 5 and my teacher hasn't revised with us over them properly, so I think I did terrible, except on the Cuban Missile Crisis topic.

I did topic 3 thought it was the worst of my 3 topics

Posted from TSR Mobile
I done 1,2,4 It was an absolutely brilliant paper, especially the 10 marker on question 1, loved it, think I'll lose some marks on purpose on two of the sources, but apart from that I think I'm golden.:biggrin:
Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
I done 1,2,4 It was an absolutely brilliant paper, especially the 10 marker on question 1, loved it, think I'll lose some marks on purpose on two of the sources, but apart from that I think I'm golden.:biggrin:

Urgh forgot to do purpose and yes i loved section 1 specially shlieffen plan question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4
Urgh forgot to do purpose and yes i loved section 1 specially shlieffen plan question

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just loved the Kaiser's foreign policy bullet point, so so much to write about, just slightly concerned about my handwriting near the end/
Reply 13
Original post by Ben4
I did topic 3 thought it was the worst of my 3 topics

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, it was terrible. My teacher wasn't even in this morning or all day today as well to go through anything with us.
Original post by eoj89
I agree, it was terrible. My teacher wasn't even in this morning or all day today as well to go through anything with us.

I know i got 0/4 on the 4 mark cos i wrote what happened in the rhineland about the saar which obviously made no sense just hope i did enough for a high a or a*

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you guys think you'll get, I think around 50/51.
Reply 16
Original post by Ben4
I know i got 0/4 on the 4 mark cos i wrote what happened in the rhineland about the saar which obviously made no sense just hope i did enough for a high a or a*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you pick History for year 11, or did you have it in year 9 and 10, too? I picked it in year 10 to do in year 11, and I'm not hoping for anything more than a D but if I do get a D at most with next week's paper, then brilliant, but probs not.
Original post by eoj89
Did you pick History for year 11, or did you have it in year 9 and 10, too? I picked it in year 10 to do in year 11, and I'm not hoping for anything more than a D but if I do get a D at most with next week's paper, then brilliant, but probs not.

Ive done history since yr 7 but never focused on it until yr 10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
What do you guys think you'll get, I think around 50/51.

Hoping for around 45

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Ben4
Ive done history since yr 7 but never focused on it until yr 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, in my school in year 7 and 8, we did History, Geography and English all as one, and the more intelligent students were able to pick History or eography independently as one of their options, but as I was originally down to not even get Cs by the end of year 11, I couldn't do it, but now I'm doing Higher Tier both English Papers so I think I've improved slightly :P

Quick Reply

Latest