The Student Room Group

OCR F012 Revision

Thought I would make a thread for discussion of F012, any predictions or questions on any of the topics for the exam next Thursday
Personally I'm resitting this exam and have a physical copy of the June 2013 paper if anyone wants to know any of the questions :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
What topics were the questions on the F012 June 2013 exam??
Reply 3
Original post by JamesN97
What topics were the questions on the F012 June 2013 exam??

Incomplete records, control accounts, journals mixed with depreciation and bad debts and a partnership question

I'm predicting that maybe tomorrow's exam will probably include a clubs and societies question and maybe a ratio's question, but then again you can never predict them because you never know :frown:
My tutor has predicted Ratios, Club accounts, stock valuation and Journal/Suspense accounts. But he isn't 100% confident because of the skipped January exam for F012
Reply 5
Original post by aaronrimmer
My tutor has predicted Ratios, Club accounts, stock valuation and Journal/Suspense accounts. But he isn't 100% confident because of the skipped January exam for F012

I really hope it's not journals but it probably will be as they're so common in the paper :frown: but if there's a suspense account with it then I'll just keep messing around with the figures until it balances if I have time, all of the other topics are fine though :smile:
Budgets haven't been on for a while I believe either though so there may be a question on them :frown: The topics he's predicted I am confident in so hopefully they'll be questioned :smile:
Reply 7
Cash budget was on the jan 2013 paper though
Hope they don't come up again :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by aaronrimmer

That was a good prediction then.
What did everyone get for the errors and then the net profit total? Around 6300?
Reply 11
Original post by JohnBolle123
What did everyone get for the errors and then the net profit total? Around 6300?

I can't remember what figures I got, but for the errors I put omission, commission and principle I think, the middle one was stressing me out though because I didn't know what it was so I guessed commission :frown:
Original post by luke__1
I can't remember what figures I got, but for the errors I put omission, commission and principle I think, the middle one was stressing me out though because I didn't know what it was so I guessed commission :frown:

I think i put error of original entry
Reply 13
Original post by hanley9
I think i put error of original entry

Yeah that's right, I just couldn't think of it during the exam :mad: What did you get for the cash budget if you can remember?
Think I got somewhere within the region of 20000, it started as opening balance 11000 then three positive net cash flows, you balance the clubs and society question at 76050 well around that cant rememeber it exactly
Reply 15
What did everyone get for the totals for the journal? Something like 101000 or 110000 ?!
Original post by MHSRoom
What did everyone get for the totals for the journal? Something like 101000 or 110000 ?!

Which Journal from the errors or?
Reply 17
Original post by JohnBolle123
Which Journal from the errors or?

Yeah the errors on question 1, f012... What other journal was there?!? :s-smilie:
Original post by MHSRoom
Yeah the errors on question 1, f012... What other journal was there?!? :s-smilie:

Dont think you needed to total your journal up, you mean for the revised profit?
Reply 19
My balance sheet did not balance :/ what did you all get for subscriptions?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending