ohmyapplepie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Anyone doing these on Monday? I'm really nervous about vocab, as for some reason my school uses the AQA textbook because it is better for controlled assessments than the OCR one, so I'm worried that there will be vocab I won't know! I have sheets of vocab printed off from OCR so hopefully I'll be fine.
StealthHawk97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Much of the vocabulary is the same anyway - it may help because you might recognise a word which many of the OCR people have no clue about.
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ohmyapplepie)
Anyone doing these on Monday? I'm really nervous about vocab, as for some reason my school uses the AQA textbook because it is better for controlled assessments than the OCR one, so I'm worried that there will be vocab I won't know! I have sheets of vocab printed off from OCR so hopefully I'll be fine.

Hi i am doing German gcse on monday too and my exam board is AQA

Good luck
ohmyapplepie
Rep:
?
(Original post by German123)
Hi i am doing German gcse on monday too and my exam board is AQA

Good luck
And so we meet again!
ToLiveInADream
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I haven't revised at all. I'm planning to do vocab lists tomorrow and mainly practise listening because I'm fine with reading and listening is absolutely awful for me
ohmyapplepie
Rep:
?
(Original post by ToLiveInADream)
I haven't revised at all. I'm planning to do vocab lists tomorrow and mainly practise listening because I'm fine with reading and listening is absolutely awful for me
Good luck! If you need any help, let me know (don't know how I could help, but the offer is there!)
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
And so we meet again!

Hi i personally find the OCR listening for German easier than the Aqa haha
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good luck! If you need any help, let me know (don't know how I could help, but the offer is there!)
Thanks, haha. Are you going to practise with past papers and list vocab too? Are there any other ways to revise for German?
lidiax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi everyone. I'm an A level German student and if anyone needs any help, ask me!
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh God. I'm going to fail German lol! I'm a lot better in reading than listening (mock reading = A* and listening = D) because I just use logic instead of the actual content.

And now I'm trying to rush & learn everything on the vocab sheet and well...this isn't working
ohmyapplepie
Rep:
?
(Original post by ToLiveInADream)
Oh God. I'm going to fail German lol! I'm a lot better in reading than listening (mock reading = A* and listening = D) because I just use logic instead of the actual content.

And now I'm trying to rush & learn everything on the vocab sheet and well...this isn't working
I haven't even started yet, got physics tomorrow afternoon so busy learning that ugh.

You will be fine! Remember to be focussed when they repeat the exercise, because often you find bits you've missed out when you're not so panicked about it.

You can do it! :hugs:
ohmyapplepie
Rep:
?
How did everyone find it? The listening was okay I think, and the reading was too, apart from those last too exercises on the reading!
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How did everyone find it? The listening was okay I think, and the reading was too, apart from those last too exercises on the reading!
Listening was surprisingly quite easy! There was these really easy part where it was all English and they gave you the answers, you just had to match them up (I guessed first in the reading time & then checked when hearing and got them all right! )

Reading was okay-ish too..wasn't awful except for the last exercise where I understood nothing so ticked any of the /3 haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.41%
No (138)
74.59%

Watched Threads