The Student Room Group

Advertising On The Moon!???

A Japanese sports drink manufacturer is to become the first company to advertise on the Moon.

Full story here:http://news.sky.com/story/1262225/sp...se-on-the-moon

The company has not revealed how much the publicity stunt will cost financially however, I am more concerned on how much it will cost the planet as a whole.

With oil supplies apparently dwindling and with governments putting pressure on becoming more eco-friendly. Surely sending 1 can of fizzy pop as an advertising campaign is a complete waste of world resources. No one is even going to see the can there nor remember the stunt in years to come... In fact surely this is littering. There are so many reasons to why this shouldn't happen, so why is it?

Opinions please.

*Please See My Website On My Profile Page*
(edited 9 years ago)
They're paying for it from their own profits, what's the problem here
Reply 2
We're whalers on the moon
We carry a harpoon
But there ain't no whales
So we tell tall tales
And sing our whaling tune.

sorry I couldn't resist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd always sort of hoped the moon would be explored by high minded scientists before humanity started dumping crappy fizzy drink cans on it tbh.
I love how in the very first line in the article they call it 'Otsuka Pharmareutical', nice little freudian slip there
Original post by Nath7000
A Japanese sports drink manufacturer is to become the first company to advertise on the Moon.

Full story here:http://news.sky.com/story/1262225/sp...se-on-the-moon

The company has not revealed how much the publicity stunt will cost financially however, I am more concerned on how much it will cost the planet as a whole.

With oil supplies apparently dwindling and with governments putting pressure on becoming more eco-friendly. Surely sending 1 can of fizzy pop as an advertising campaign is a complete waste of world resources. No one is even going to see the can there nor remember the stunt in years to come... In fact surely this is littering. There are so many reasons to why this shouldn't happen, so why is it?

Opinions please.

Seems ridiculous and excessive. They probably just want to do it for bragging rights. Anyway, the moon is reserved for all the Chavs that we're going to send there:

*Please See My Website On My Profile Page*

Shameless plug.
Reply 6
Now everytime you look at the moon you see a fizzy drink ad, lovely. Who owns the moon anyways, who are they paying?

Latest

Trending

Trending