Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So after that horrid physical paper, I am really worried about what the human paper would be like. I am doing Population, tourism and development gap, so any predictions on how hard it may be and what may come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikki1234)
    So after that horrid physical paper, I am really worried about what the human paper would be like. I am doing Population, tourism and development gap, so any predictions on how hard it may be and what may come up?
    I need help basically, in the human exam I wrote and developed like 8 different points for the 8 mark questions but I didn't use a case study. It said ' use your own knowledge' so did we have to use a case study or do we only use a case study when it asks for one?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Population change, Globalisation and Tourism.
    Last year these are the studies that came up:
    Population change: How can a Non birth control policy - achieve sustainable development
    Globalisation: One renewable energy source to explain how it might help achieve
    sustainable development.
    Touristm: How ecotourism has contributed to sustainable development

Development gap: Use a case study of a natural hazard to explain how development can be hindered by environmental factors

ReputationRep:
    well after that ****ttty physical paper,
    the only way to revise is to revise everything, case studies and theoretical stuff

btw AQA did say that from 2014, they were going to make the papers harder by testing us on our understanding instead of just knowledge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarletXxXRose)
    well after that ****ttty physical paper,
    the only way to revise is to revise everything, case studies and theoretical stuff

btw AQA did say that from 2014, they were going to make the papers harder by testing us on our understanding instead of just knowledge
    I agree, we just have to learn the whole thing.

Where did AQA state that the papers were going to get harder btw? Did they just say it for gcse or alevel too?

ReputationRep:
    do we have to use case studies when it said use your own knowledge? I just wrote loads but didn't use a case study because it didn't ask for [email protected]???/

ReputationRep:
    When it says 'use your own knowledge' it basically means that you don't have to use a case study to get a level 3 (8/8) answer. I probably would mention a few details from a case study if you can't think of anything specific to say. I was kinda annoyed in the physical paper when I had The Restless Earth, Rocks and Landscapes and Coasts because there was only one case study question in the whole paper.

ReputationRep:
    I found the paper horrid due to the fact that there were no case studies, I spent hours learning them, and the fact that it pin pointed on specific details e.g. protect, predict and prepare

ReputationRep:
    I got a feeling this one will be way harder:
    Last one had no case studies(one to be exact) so this one might have a lot. There are much more human case studies(just shorter).
    There was no map skills-I hate map skills so im expecting them to come up.
    They might have more weird 8 markers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whydoidothis?)
    I got a feeling this one will be way harder:
    Last one had no case studies(one to be exact) so this one might have a lot. There are much more human case studies(just shorter).
    There was no map skills-I hate map skills so im expecting them to come up.
    They might have more weird 8 markers.
    I agree, I mostly worried about development gap, it is so hard

ReputationRep:
    I agree, I mostly worried about development gap, it is so hard
    Don't worry too much, grade boundries will be low. I do tourism,Globalisation and population change so I don't really know what to say about development gap.

ReputationRep:
    Tourism should be OK for me, it's a fairly simple concept overall.

Just worried about population change and the development gap, I can see stuff coming up which is probably testing our understanding. Not looking forward to this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rory58824)
    Tourism should be OK for me, it's a fairly simple concept overall.

Just worried about population change and the development gap, I can see stuff coming up which is probably testing our understanding. Not looking forward to this.
    I am okay with tourism and population - I know the content but I think the questions will be weird again.
    Development gap - i find sooo hard

ReputationRep:
    looking back at the exam I actually didn't mind it because I am really interested in geography so I watch loads of videos about volcanoes and earthquakes xD not too excited for the human paper though!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing tourism, globalisation and changing urban environments
    The physical paper went horribly wrong and was so angry there were no case studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia890)
    I'm doing tourism, globalisation and changing urban environments
    The physical paper went horribly wrong and was so angry there were no case studies.
    Did you use case studies when it said ' use your own knowledge'?

ReputationRep:
    So are you guys still gonna learn human case studies? Idk if I can be bothered now lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsForever)
    I'm doing Population change, Globalisation and Tourism.
    Last year these are the studies that came up:
    Population change: How can a Non birth control policy - achieve sustainable development
    Globalisation: One renewable energy source to explain how it might help achieve
    sustainable development.
    Touristm: How ecotourism has contributed to sustainable development

Development gap: Use a case study of a natural hazard to explain how development can be hindered by environmental factors
    Hey there! I'm doing the same topics as you!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing tourism, changing urban environments and the development gap?

ReputationRep:
    Doing the exact same topics as you. Idk they probably were trying to throw us off with the physical... so I wouldn't be surprised if the Human paper had a sh*t load of case studies :/

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.