Don't know anything about girls' bodies - what's wrong with me! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I feel clueless about the female anatomy. Today, I referred to what I now know as cleavage as "boob line", since I didn't know what else to call it. I thought cleavage was just breasts, but apparently not.

I didn't know that vaginas had two different holes until a little while ago.
I didn't know what a clitoris was until the other day.

I still don't know how much hair girls grow - they talk about shaving and waxing, but then I hear boys say "girls don't grow hair on their bodies / on their faces".

Oh and I only found out a couple of days ago what a hickey was, though that's not a girls only thing.

I'm not too bothered that I don't know these things, it's not like I'm losing anything by being a little ignorant, but it's embarrassing when I realise I didn't know something like this with my friends.

Any advice? And how do I not know these things?!

Thanks
Another
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I feel clueless about the female anatomy. Today, I referred to what I now know as cleavage as "boob line", since I didn't know what else to call it. I thought cleavage was just breasts, but apparently not.
I thought that as well.

I still don't know.

And I'm a girl... imagine how horrendous my knowledge of the male body is.
UnknownRoyalist
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
How old are you? Just curious btw. Not judging.
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Google is your friend.
MidnightDream
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fannys have two holes :zomg:
What is a clitoris?

Oh dear I think I need to have a chat with my mother
UnknownRoyalist
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MidnightDream)
What is a clitoris?

You'd actually ask her that? Loool
MidnightDream
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by UnknownRoyalist)
You'd actually ask her that? Loool
Yurp
Hype en Ecosse
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What is a clitoris?

Hoping you're not srs.

Yep, you've got two holes down there. The vagina itself, then the external urethral meatus a few centimetres above. You don't pee out of your vagina - rather a little hole just above it!

The clitoris is the extremely sensitive part near the top of your vulva: it's what would have gone on to become a penis if you were going to be a boy.

What state is sex education in when people don't understand the basics of their genitals? I remember not being taught about any of this stuff at school either, and it really should have been.
UnknownRoyalist
Report 4 years ago
Yurp
Wow, you two must have a tight r/ship. I thought it'd be easier just to go exploring, if you get what I mean. :lol:
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I remember some story where a girl committed suicide due to her period starting. She didn't know what it was and thought something was wrong with her.
MidnightDream
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
Hoping you're not srs.

Yep, you've got two holes down there. The vagina itself, then the external urethral meatus a few centimetres above. You don't pee out of your vagina - rather a little hole just above it!

The clitoris is the extremely sensitive part near the top of your vulva: it's what would have gone on to become a penis if you were going to be a boy.

What state is sex education in when people don't understand the basics of their genitals? I remember not being taught about any of this stuff at school either, and it really should have been.
Hymm I knew about the Clitoris then I just didn't know that was what it's called
The penis thing is quite interesting :laugh:
We weren't taught anything in Sex Ed either to be honest
MidnightDream
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow, you two must have a tight r/ship. I thought it'd be easier just to go exploring, if you get what I mean. :lol:
Oh I didn't think about that, might be more informative actually ...
Hype en Ecosse
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hymm I knew about the Clitoris then I just didn't know that was what it's called
The penis thing is quite interesting :laugh:
We weren't taught anything in Sex Ed either to be honest
For you and all the other TSRians with sex education woes, you need look no further than YouTube! Sex+ and sexplanations are great SFW resources.
Dr Pesto
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm really shocked that there are girls saying they don't know what a clitoris is.
bertstare
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Only things you need to know are:

-Bags of sand
-It's lower than you think

enjoy
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
How old are you? Just curious btw. Not judging.

(Original post by STARFLEET)
what.jpg
Yeah, I found this out when a friend asked me if I got my **** "pooey" when I have sex with a guy, and so I asked him, "Do you get your **** pissy when you have sex with a girl?"

I couldn't tell you what a vulva is either. I don't know anything about the vagina... but I've always figured that's ok. Vaginas are weird.

(Original post by bertstare)
Only things you need to know are:

-Bags of sand
-It's lower than you think

enjoy
wat
donutaud15
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I didn't know about the two holes until very recently and I'm 22

I think you learn as you go along. Also girls get hair everywhere including face, though not as rough (unless it was shaved) and noticeable as guys. Hence the need for waxing etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
13pamina13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymousis47628061)

I didn't know that vaginas had two different holes until a little while ago.

I still don't know how much hair girls grow - they talk about shaving and waxing, but then I hear boys say "girls don't grow hair on their bodies / on their faces".

Oh and I only found out a couple of days ago what a hickey was, though that's not a girls only thing.

I'm not too bothered that I don't know these things, it's not like I'm losing anything by being a little ignorant, but it's embarrassing when I realise I didn't know something like this with my
Thanks
No offence alot Is wrong with u xx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You think that's bad- I thought girls had a penis until I was 9.
consumed by stuff
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 199320)
You think that's bad- I thought girls had a penis until I was 9.
Was that when went off girls?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (165)
18.46%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.18%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.55%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (131)
14.65%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.51%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.65%

Watched Threads