The Student Room Group

LAMDA drama school shortlist and other drama school topics...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stanford999
Has anyone hear anything from Lamda!? I'm still on the shortlist, international, and haven't heard anything :s-smilie:

Hey Stanford,

I'm also on the shortlist for the international MA program and I emailed them yesterday since everyone on this thread heard their updates June 18th last year. I got a response from the admissions dept this morning:

Thank you for your email. Our recall auditions will end this Sunday, so you should hear from us in the next 2 weeks with an update on the short list.

I'm hoping to hear something sooner rather than later but I'll keep you posted.
Hey Tyler, thanks for the reply. Yeah I've hear about the June 18th reply last year as well. I actually gave LAMDA a call and they said that you may find out even a few weeks (or even days!) before the course starts. As an international applicant (from Australia) I don't think that leaving it that late will be possible for me, as I would need time to get a student visa organised.

But also, I have been offered a place at the Actors Studio for their MFA in New York. I'm honestly still pretty torn between LAMDA and AS, but I I feel like I'm holding out for LAMDA a bit...

In any case, I can't wait this long for LAMDA because if I'm not going to end up going to LAMDA I need to start getting my visa and living arrangements sorted for the Actors Studio (and being in America, the visa process can take a while).

Just not really sure what I should be doing. I'm tempted to contact LAMDA and say to them; I know you can't tell me exactly where I am on the shortlist, but if you feel that, given where I am on the shortlist, the chances of my getting in are basically non-existent, then I can go and get ready for Actors Studio. It would be awful if I waited all this time, lost the opportunity to go to Actors Studio AND ended up not getting into LAMDA...
Original post by Stanford999
Hey Tyler, thanks for the reply. Yeah I've hear about the June 18th reply last year as well. I actually gave LAMDA a call and they said that you may find out even a few weeks (or even days!) before the course starts. As an international applicant (from Australia) I don't think that leaving it that late will be possible for me, as I would need time to get a student visa organised.

But also, I have been offered a place at the Actors Studio for their MFA in New York. I'm honestly still pretty torn between LAMDA and AS, but I I feel like I'm holding out for LAMDA a bit...

In any case, I can't wait this long for LAMDA because if I'm not going to end up going to LAMDA I need to start getting my visa and living arrangements sorted for the Actors Studio (and being in America, the visa process can take a while).

Just not really sure what I should be doing. I'm tempted to contact LAMDA and say to them; I know you can't tell me exactly where I am on the shortlist, but if you feel that, given where I am on the shortlist, the chances of my getting in are basically non-existent, then I can go and get ready for Actors Studio. It would be awful if I waited all this time, lost the opportunity to go to Actors Studio AND ended up not getting into LAMDA...

Hey Stanford,

I'm in the same boat. I have an offer from Drama Centre, also in London, and if LAMDA comes back in the next two weeks telling me to wait longer then I'll be going with DC. You're right, I can't wait up until the very last minute if LAMDA keeps me on the shortlist for the slim chance someone drops out. It's going to take a lot of time and work to sort out all of the paperwork for visas. Again this is just my opinion and what I'll be doing. Hope this helps!
Reply 43
Hi all,

I'm also in the same boat, shortlisted for Lamda 2 year about 2 months ago and haven't heard a thing yet. from what I can see online some offers have gone out for the foundation and the 3 year over the last 3 days but I can't find anything on the 2 year yet. Some one said that they got a call from the head of the school to offer the place on the foundation so I'm not sure whether or not we are waiting for an email, a mailed letter or a call now.
I'm also accepted into another Drama school but, if I'm honest I would much rather go to LAMDA. It's getting a bit close to the final day to change offers now which is making me a bit nervous.
Reply 44
OH! I am for the three year course, I am on the waiting list. Jesus, this is killing me! I have all my drama school eggs in this one LAMDA basket!
Reply 45
Hello Rosey,

My name is Adam, I have been offered a place at LAMDA back in April. Congratulations on getting shortlisted!! In regards to hearing about your offer...the people who we know have been been offered a place at the moment, we as a group of students have attempted to find and we have put them into a facebook chat. In the group chat we do have several people who were on the shortlist around 4 maybe more, but there still quite a few places to give out i believe, it's either there are still places or LAMDA have given out all the places but we just can't find the people!! The people who were on the shortlist only got the phone calls from Rodney, yesterday, the day before and the past week. SO fingers crossed Rosey and good luck, I hope this doesn't make it anymore daunting and GOOD LUCK!
Hi all, I found out on Monday that I had been shortlisted for the Foundation Diploma. Anyone else in my position? And does anyone know how many get shortlisted? Thanks.
Original post by adam979
Hello Rosey,

My name is Adam, I have been offered a place at LAMDA back in April. Congratulations on getting shortlisted!! In regards to hearing about your offer...the people who we know have been been offered a place at the moment, we as a group of students have attempted to find and we have put them into a facebook chat. In the group chat we do have several people who were on the shortlist around 4 maybe more, but there still quite a few places to give out i believe, it's either there are still places or LAMDA have given out all the places but we just can't find the people!! The people who were on the shortlist only got the phone calls from Rodney, yesterday, the day before and the past week. SO fingers crossed Rosey and good luck, I hope this doesn't make it anymore daunting and GOOD LUCK!

Hey Adam, you haven't heard anything about the MA program by chance have you? I was told by the admissions office two weeks from two sundays ago, and I don't know if they're working the weekend. Thanks in advance!
Hello! I had my first round for LAMDA in January and I have been recalled to the workshop day which they said could be anytime time in April or possibly later. Can anyone tell me what happens in this round/ share their experience? All the blogs on the Internet are only about the second first rounds and I can't find anything about the recall day!!

Hello there.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is really very helpful. I hope you have been accepted in LAMDA.

My name is George and I am doing a research which acting school or college shall I study (try to study). There is a big option like RADA, LAMDA, Brian Timoney's actor's studio and many others. I have a question please. Would you think that LAMDA is as good as it seems to be or it's only a reputation? And also could you please kindly tell me which college (school) shall I choose? Which of them gives a good old school trainig please?

Thank you again

Best of luck

George
Hello. Thank you for sharing your experience. It is very helpful. Could you please kindly tell me, which one did you choose in the end? Or where did you get accepted please? And if in LAMDA, then how is it? Is it really one of the best or shall I look for others?

Thank you
Reply 51
Hi, what happened in the end? Did you get a place? (sorry, I had my LAMDA yesterday, I'm curious)
How long does it take to hear back from lamda and if you don't hear back for about a week does that meant that your save or something
Reply 53
Hi, I am waiting for my reply from Rose Bruford. But I've heard people have got in already. Does it have any meaning as to whether I can still get accepted or am I basically rejected already and what takes them so long to reject people if they already have accepted their students?
Original post by chefrancis
Hey also just like to say, if anyone needs help or information on drama schools and there auditions based around the UK I am always willing to give a few characters of advise. As I have auditioned for basically every drama school in the UK over the last two years (oh woe is me).

Are some drama schools offering BA Acting flexible when it comes to entry requirements? For example, If the audition is fantastic but the student doesnt have the requisite A level/s, BTEC Extended Diploma?
Original post by Tunisia1
Are some drama schools offering BA Acting flexible when it comes to entry requirements? For example, If the audition is fantastic but the student doesnt have the requisite A level/s, BTEC Extended Diploma?

Most drama schools require very basic A level requirements like one or two at D/C grade, and some like LAMDA/RADA etc you don’t need to have any. Just check with the individual drama school :wink:
Is there any update? What happened? I'm on shortlist for Bristol old Vic this year

Quick Reply

Latest