The Student Room Group

AQA English Exam An Inspector Calls and To Kill a Mockingbird

Hey, so I was wondering who has an English exam on An Inspector Calls and To Kill a Mockingbird on Tuesday? Does anyone have any idea what the questions could be? Educated guesses or come to conclusions after studying past papers? Also, I'm anxious about the 1 hour and a half time limit as though I'm predicted an A in English, it takes me quite a while to get into my zone and the last thing I want is to be trying to cram paragraphs in with five minutes to go!

Thank for you help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JenniferRandall
Hey, so I was wondering who has an English exam on An Inspector Calls and To Kill a Mockingbird on Tuesday? Does anyone have any idea what the questions could be? Educated guesses or come to conclusions after studying past papers? Also, I'm anxious about the 1 hour and a half time limit as though I'm predicted an A in English, it takes me quite a while to get into my zone and the last thing I want is to be trying to cram paragraphs in with five minutes to go!

Thank for you help

I'm doing the same as you! What poetry are you doing? I'm doing conflict! How are you revising? I only started today oops
Hey Y'all. It's been a while since we had time as a theme for a paper, isn't it?

Thank for you help

I'm doing the same as you! I think either Mr Birling or Eva Smith might come up! I'm not so sure about To Kill a MockingBird... What poetry cluster are you doing??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not too worried about an Inspector Calls
I got 30/30 on my controlled assessment for it. But obviously, I will be in very different circumstances when sitting my exam. In regards to the poetry, I'm doing poetry through time. Moon on the Tides
Ruined Maid
On a Portrait of a Deaf Man
Ozymandias
Medusa
Les Grand Seigneurs
Casehistory: Alison head injury
We studied To Kill a Mockingbird a long time ago in year ten so I need to study up on it a bit more :smile:
Hope you're going to do well :smile:
Hoping extract questions don't come up! Man I hate those
I'm not too worried about an Inspector Calls
I got 30/30 on my controlled assessment for it. But obviously, I will be in very different circumstances when sitting my exam. In regards to the poetry, I'm doing poetry through time. Moon on the Tides
Ruined Maid
On a Portrait of a Deaf Man
Ozymandias
Medusa
Les Grand Seigneurs
Casehistory: Alison head injury
We studied To Kill a Mockingbird a long time ago in year ten so I need to study up on it a bit more :smile:
Hope you're going to do well :smile:

Im doing exactly the same as you!!! Yess I have finally found someone that is doing the character and voice cluster, TKAM and AIC!! And there is always an extract question, I think for TKAM part A of the question will be an extract and either 17 or 18 will be an extract for AIC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I'd pick the non extract question for AIC anyday
You think eva Smith and Mr Birling will come up you say? Hope so! They're easy to discuss
Original post by Tanisha97
Im doing exactly the same as you!!! Yess I have finally found someone that is doing the character and voice cluster, TKAM and AIC!! And there is always an extract question, I think for TKAM part A of the question will be an extract and either 17 or 18 will be an extract for AIC

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm
Hoping Eva or Mr Birling come up
I'm aiming to spend around forty minutes on AIC and twenty five each on TKAM then spend the last few minutes just flipping through making sure everything is okay
I have a tendency to feel the need to write loads and I must realise I don't have time
But yeah, hoping Mr Biling or Eva come up
They're an easy topic
Yeah, I'd pick the non extract question for AIC anyday
You think eva Smith and Mr Birling will come up you say? Hope so! They're easy to discuss

You could easily write loads about Mr Birling,
But what would you write about Eva? Like Women's role in society? Different classes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who do you think will come up in TKaM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by noshahmad

Posted from TSR Mobile

For Eva I would write about how Priestley intends for the audience to immediately be drawn to her
Despite the fact that we as an audience dissect and know of her every move in the past two years of her life, she still remains a very vague and mysterious character
She represents the seven virtues, which heavily contrasts with the seven deadly sins Priestley uses to present the Birlings
She is graceful, fortuitous and honest. I.e when Eric confesses that he has stolen money to fund for their child, she refuses, despite being desperate and destitute, displaying to the audience how earnest she is etc etc
Original post by noshahmad

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have heard other people talk about the theme education

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have heard other people talk about the theme education

Posted from TSR Mobile
what do you mean?
I heard someone say that it might be the theme of hypocrisy in TKAM?
Original post by varsha27

The only thing that you can say about hypocrisy is about the missionary tea ladies talking about the mrunas yet don't care about the people in Maycomb who need their help!!
Original post by varsha27

Ahh I think I would prefer hypocrisy to come up but you can only talk about Chaoter 24 of the book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh I think I would prefer hypocrisy to come up but you can only talk about Chaoter 24 of the book

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im only really focusing on hypocrisy though because all the other themes have come up and it's highly unlikely they would come up again:/ How are you like revising for it? x
Yay finally people who are doing TKAM I swear everyone else is doing OMAM!
This is kind of random, but revising AIC now I was looking at the quote "except of course Russia, which will always be behind hand naturally"(Mr. Birling) Our teacher told us this was because Russia was communist, and therefore this shows how Mr. Birling disagrees with communism. However, when the play was set (1912) Russia was still Tsarist.
Is it a slip-up from Priestley or is there some other reason this part is mentioned?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can also talk about Chapter 26, when Scout's teacher says Hitler is bad for persecuting Jews and that "over here we dont believe in persecuting anybody" even though she is racist. not sure whether there are any toher examples though...

Quick Reply

Latest