what do/ will you miss/not miss from uni Watch

jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I really miss seeing my friends particularly from the first few years Going to Kaos (or junk or reflex etc etc) which has changed to the kind of club that I won't go to any more out of choice studying (yeah I know).and the social aspect. Southampton the park in the summer waling around with my mates at night and so many other things I just can't really put a name to

I won't miss Exams assignments and group projects and arguments with my dad about rental con tracts it was an standard form for a student let ah well.

I miss it so much
MyName??!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Haha I think I'll miss the fun I had waking up my coursemates in lectures... Hilarious times
Lol esp when the lecturer nitices

Posted from TSR Mobile
germanium
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wont miss:

People that make "strategic friendships"... basically users, they only speak to you for copying your work and then never acknowledge your existence in any other circumstance.
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm staying in my uni town after I graduate, and living with uni friends, so I'll miss those friends who are graduating and moving away but things won't change too drastically for me in social terms. However,

Will miss
- no council tax
- student loans day
- intellectual rigour and learning interesting things that you'd probably not find on your own
- not having to be somewhere for 9am every day
- being able to go on a night out on a week day

Won't miss
- 3am in the library
- exams
- never having any time that is truly spare - at the moment there's always something academic that I *should* be doing, but I'll be working the 9-5

I haven't quite worked out whether or not I'll miss my institutional login to journals though!

Oh yes, and I will have money :dance:
WhimsicalSloth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Will miss:-

-The town I lived in, which I really did genuinely love. I'm hoping to live there permanently one day although with it being quite close to London, I think it'll be out of the question for a few years yet!
-The sense of freedom, and being able to go out and do whatever I wanted. There was a park near my accommodation which I really enjoyed walking through and lazing about in.
-Being surrounded by like-minded people with similar interests whom I could have brilliant debates with.
-No council tax or serious financial issues.

Won't miss:-
-Early lectures
-Walking the 40 minutes to and from lectures every day (although this wasn't a problem in my 2nd and 3rd years)
-Occasionally having to put up with borderline snobs in seminars.
-People used to deliberately set off fire alarms at about 3am in my first year accommodation so I definitely don't miss that!
OMGWTFBBQ
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Will miss:
* None of it

Won't miss:
* Most of it

Edit: Actually I will miss eduroam and possibly SCONUL access.
bluebluepurple
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I will miss the freedom especially waking up in the middle of the day sometimes and not being forced to go lectures and tutorials.
Zottula
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I will miss lectures, as they have been very interesting. I will not miss exams and that unpleasant revision period beforehand.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Will miss:
My friends who are moving on (i'm staying put)
Getting paid a lot of money for doing nothing

Won't miss:
Exams
Revision
Reading for necessity rather than pleasure
Seminars
Fake friends
Two faced people
Ggmu!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Won't miss annoying begs, will miss my mates and the freedom to do whatever you like in your room.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lyman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'll miss my friends, and the relative freedom that University allowed. Moreover, in the coming months as I search for jobs I'll probably mourn the loss of security that University allowed. That said, over the past year or so I've strongly begun to feel as if it's time to move on and start my adult life properly. After my final exam tomorrow I'll start my job search and hopefully graduate into the rest of my life as smoothly as one can at university...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Do you give blood?