How to make your self alert/sharp on the day of your exam Watch

Legal drugdealer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I feel like I hit my peak too early and now I'm losing momentum. I know this sounds weird but basically I making lots of stupid mistakes like missing information from the question changing the signs for no reason in my calculations. Its making me frustrated.
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wake up early
Energy drinks (these don't work for everyone, so don't take them straight before an exam unless you're sure they benefit you.)
Keep hydrated
Have breakfast

Posted from TSR Mobile
Legal drugdealer
Rep:
?
(Original post by majmuh24)
Wake up early
Energy drinks
Keep hydrated
Have breakfast

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay which energy drink is the best for cognitive purposes?
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Legal drugdealer)
Okay which energy drink is the best for cognitive purposes?
The really small ones, taste horrible but they get the job done. Either 5 Hour Energy or the small Lucozade one (although I don't think they do that any more, at least not near the shop where I go to )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Legal drugdealer
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlphaNick)
Just go to bed at 9:00pm the night before... Energy drinks / waking up early does nothing.
Okay ill try this thanks for the advise
Magistl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've always found that keeping hydrated, having a healthy breakfast, waking up early and preparing yourself through last minute revision keeps me sharp. I've never drank energy drinks and I maintain a sharp mind throughout.
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Whatever happened to a good night's sleep and a bit of healthy eating?
Magistl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Quantex)
Whatever happened to a good night's sleep and a bit of healthy eating?
Oh how times change 'eh?
imconfused
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1) Go to bed early.
2) Wake up earlier than usual (so you don't rush if a problem occurs), makes you feel more alert.
3) Have a good breakfast, where you consume high protein and carbs like peanut butter and bread, nuts...
4) Have caffeine like green tea, energy drinks, coffee...
5) a cold morning shower always helps to. (if not wash your face with cold water!)
6) I'd also say a morning walk is a good idea (unless you already walk to school)
Legal drugdealer
Rep:
?
so energy drinks a good nights sleep last minute light revision keeping hydrated and a good breakfast?
Stinkum
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You have to get some sleep, at least 4 or 5 hours.
Have a really good breakfast.
Drink water.
Drink relentless or monster.
Eat snickers.
Have a shower.
Don't stress yourself too much during the hours leading up to the exam, you don't have to spend every minute revising, just keep cool.
Legal drugdealer
Rep:
?
Alcohol is better for this purpose to be blatantly honest. Mix it with water and you probably won't get caught.
can you just leave the thread if your going to be stupid.
Legal drugdealer
Rep:
?
If you're going to have energy drinks, you might as well have alcohol. You become hyperactive and miss out on important things just like majmuh24 did.
Im not going to have energy drinks before the exam thats just stupid but might have some when im studying
Magistl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im not going to have energy drinks before the exam thats just stupid but might have some when im studying
Perhaps you could try a cup of tea instead? Still a dosage of caffeine and it has a few pro's.
Legal drugdealer
Rep:
?
(Original post by Magistl)
Perhaps you could try a cup of tea instead? Still a dosage of caffeine and it has a few pro's.
Not sure if your being sarcastic or actually offering advise.
suzywithaZY
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're going to have energy drinks, you might as well have alcohol. You become hyperactive and miss out on important things just like majmuh24 did.
Don't be a ****ing idiot. Yes, Maj missed put a question. However, that DOESN'T mean you can mock him and generally be an ******* about it. He probably feels bad enough about it. You need to grow up and realise that being a cocky little **** isn't going to get you anywhere.

OP, I'd advise ignoring AlphaNick, especially his comment about alcohol. Get lots of sleep and stay hydrated (water)
Magistl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not sure if your being sarcastic or actually offering advise.
I'm never sarcastic when it comes to these topics.
Charlzi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wake up early day before exam, obviously revise day before exam but try to be active in some ways, have a healthy dinner full of protein, go bed early, wake up as naturally as possible, have a healthy breakfast (something like eggs is good), and try to remain stress free. Keep hydrated throughout. I personally do not benefit from having energy drinks
blaspame
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I feel like I hit my peak too early and now I'm losing momentum. I know this sounds weird but basically I making lots of stupid mistakes like missing information from the question changing the signs for no reason in my calculations. Its making me frustrated.
have snickers

i dont have breakfast but snickers gives me loads of energy and helps me with ma nerves for some reason
suzywithaZY
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm not being cocky I'm just saying that drinking energy drinks is careless... I was joking about the alcohol obviously to bring about the metaphor of what you will be doing if you down an energy drink prior to the exam. It makes you careless, as exemplified earlier.
As I have painfully explained to you several time, missing the last page is not a result of carelessness, rather it's a case of misfortune. After speaking to a lot of people who missed it, as I did, the last two pages were not as simple to separate as the other pages in the paper, so when you flipped to the back, it did appear to be one page. Therefore, it was not carelessness and it's rude for you to assume it was, since you have no idea what circumstances caused a large proportion of people taking the exam to miss the last page.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (38)
26.03%
No (108)
73.97%

Watched Threads