Abbham12345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm feeling ok about the nat 5 physics, do you think it will be a hard exam and what things will be extremely Likely to come up??
Abbie
ah4p
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does anyone have the Hodder Gibson National 5 Physics specimen and model papers book?

If you do I would really appreciate if you could message me or post pictures of the answer section at the back. My mum tore the answers out for me revising and has lost them :/ thanks sooooooooo soo much
Fallenhail
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What I can say for definite is that there will be calculation questions so remember to use equation triangles
wordshark
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You're better just learning how to re-arrange equations than memorizing the triangle. If you ever go on to do higher physics (or any other higher subject involving the use of equations) it will be really helpful to know how to quickly rearrange. I can't tell you how many people struggled at the start in my higher physics class because they were bad a rearranging equations causing them to make silly errors and lose marks.
lotsofatoms
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Studying Nat 5 Physics too. I find the equation triangle really useful. Say we were using d = vt, I would put d at the top, v to the left and t at the right.
langlitz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lotsofatoms)
Studying Nat 5 Physics too. I find the equation triangle really useful. Say we were using d = vt, I would put d at the top, v to the left and t at the right.
Remember that you can't write distance = velocity * time. Velocity is a vector.
It would need to be displacement = velocity*time or distance=speed*time
lotsofatoms
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes but correct me if I am wrong in thinking the formula is still d=vt

Posted from TSR Mobile
langlitz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lotsofatoms)
Yes but correct me if I am wrong in thinking the formula is still d=vt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Normally you should write displacement as s not d as it's ambiguous whether you mean distance or displacement
Ideally you should write \vec{s} = \vec{v} t
lotsofatoms
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh, thanks for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Higherdude
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Abbham12345)
I'm feeling ok about the nat 5 physics, do you think it will be a hard exam and what things will be extremely Likely to come up??
Abbie

If you know how to do the equations, you will be able toachieve a grade D or C at National 5.

If you know the knowledge behind those equations and general knowledge of physics along with the equations, you should get an A or B.

Physics is not all about maths, it’s about learning the knowledgealong with it.
Learn the knowledge as well, not just the equations.
I got a B at National 5, this was because I didn’t fullyunderstand half the theory.

Tip 2: Do past papers, buy the new national 5 CFE modelpaper book or buy the how to pass national 5 physics book. These are good study resources.

//phone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (165)
14.59%
I'm not sure (51)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (335)
29.62%
I have already dropped out (34)
3.01%
I'm not a current university student (546)
48.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise