The Monk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Exams aren't very far away now and knowing the necessary content is hard enough but I'd like to know how important knowing historical interpretations is to getting the high level 4/ level 5 marks. To me it seems near impossible to remember quotes and historians for every argument and for every possible question that may come up. I was wondering if mentioning "historians would argue that..." Or atleast remembering the arguments of 1 or 2 historians for each essay would be just as good to reach high marks.

I was wondering also how on earth people can write enough for such narrow questions that have come up in the past. I know all the topics are different but for mine in particular there's been past q's where there's no way you could write nearly 4 pages.
J56
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You don't need to remember historians, you just need to be aware of different historical interpretations.

I can apply this to my exam topic,eg "Lloyd George fell from office due the economic problems of post war Britain" assess the validity etc
Some historians think it was actually because Lloyd George's style of leadership,other historical interpretations argue it's because foreign policy. Whilst some historians argue because it was the economic problems.

We've been told to outline the debate in the introduction and say what different historians would think! Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Monk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by J56)
You don't need to remember historians, you just need to be aware of different historical interpretations.

I can apply this to my exam topic,eg "Lloyd George fell from office due the economic problems of post war Britain" assess the validity etc
Some historians think it was actually because Lloyd George's style of leadership,other historical interpretations argue it's because foreign policy. Whilst some historians argue because it was the economic problems.

We've been told to outline the debate in the introduction and say what different historians would think! Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cheers, I was stressing out because it would be literally impossible to remember quotes and exact historians for every argument.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads