Religious studies A- level 3A : Application of virtue ethics Watch

dsbwood95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys ! Have my exam in a few weeks although I understand different thinkers of virtue ethics I am so stuck with a 30 mark question on how to apply it to an issue in detail such as voluntary euthanasia or sexual ethics. Would be great if anyone can help !
lilmisscaramel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do it for unit 4C but basically you explain the theory by saying it is a hybrid theory because it has a deontological element which is the view that it follows the five primary precepts but the teleological element is that it is based on Aristotle function argument which means it focuses on achieving our prupose which is eudaimonia. This is your first paragraph.

The second paragraph would state that according to virtue ethics a person is good if they possess the virtues and are a virtuous person and a right actoion is one that allows you and your community to flourish to know what action to take.

The third paragraph is the application. So you say that the person needs the virtues specific to their practice. This is defined by MacIntyre as an arena where we develop the virtues. So for sexual ethics you would look at the three key virtues which are honesty, courage and justice and you would apply it to these three.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (98)
50%
No (98)
50%

Watched Threads