tgwktm
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
what is everyone doing for last minute revision?

i have a few more things on development to cover, then i was thinking write 3 10 mark answers and plan 2 essays. if i have time i will go through past essays and think of what i would write in that answer
zoee2709
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
how do you structure your 10 markers?
tgwktm
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by zoee2709)
how do you structure your 10 markers?
it depends on the type of question but i do a introduction which is where i state the issue and then why its an issue. then 2 more paragraphs that are slightly longer one for short term strategies (although this can change to small scale, low levels of development etc. depending on the question) and long term strategies (again it could change to large scale, high levels of development. it should be around 1 page long
Josh989
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What sort of question would be appropriate for me to get case studies such as CFP and sustainable use of water in Colorado into my essay?
tgwktm
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Josh989)
What sort of question would be appropriate for me to get case studies such as CFP and sustainable use of water in Colorado into my essay?
anything to suggest how resources can be managed, managing supply or demand, sustainability
Josh989
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Major need for a conclusion in a 10 marker?
Tillsy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Major need for a conclusion in a 10 marker?
No. You can through a sentence in there but it's really not needed. If you are struggling for time then I wouldn't bother the mark schemes never state that a conclusion is needed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Josh989
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tillsy)
No. You can through a sentence in there but it's really not needed. If you are struggling for time then I wouldn't bother the mark schemes never state that a conclusion is needed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cheers
Josh989
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Think they'll reduce the grade boundaries due to no January exams? :crossedf:
Tillsy
Rep:
?
Think they'll reduce the grade boundaries due to no January exams? :crossedf:
Hopefully. Normally at our school we would have done skills in January, so it's a lot more to revise thank usual I guess it depends on how nice the paper is and how well the general cohort does! I thought last years as boundaries were quite low x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Josh989
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tillsy)
Hopefully. Normally at our school we would have done skills in January, so it's a lot more to revise thank usual I guess it depends on how nice the paper is and how well the general cohort does! I thought last years as boundaries were quite low x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyway, nothing we can do know apart from revise our buts off and hope for the best :P Well, best of luck to you! And see you on the other end !
Tillsy
Rep:
?
Anyway, nothing we can do know apart from revise our buts off and hope for the best :P Well, best of luck to you! And see you on the other end !
Exactly!! Well I'm going to do a bit more then stop because I don't want to go into information overload!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Josh989
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't know if anyone is still there but, by talking about the event and its impacts; I would refer to Primary and Secondary Effects, then short and long term management... But I've just seen a note from my teacher referring to short and long term effects? Which are? OR should I just stick to mine, if suitable?
sheepstick
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How did everyone find the exam? and what questions/ topics did you do for the paper?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (19)
30.65%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads