AQA English Literature Poetry - What are the main themes that could come up?

Watch
irMike
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm struggle to revise for this, I've spent about 2hrs today watching Youtube videos analysing the Character and Voice cluster poems, I got through about 10 of the 15 poems. But I'd like to try and look at all the different themes and list the poems that they apply to, and then maybe draw some comparisons between poems with the same theme. For example one theme is of course Power, which applies to Medusa, Ozymandias, Les Grand Seigneurs, River God and so on, another one is Isolation - The Hunchback In the park, Clown Punk Another one might be change - Alison casehistory, Les Grand Seigneurs, Give etc. So can somebody perhaps provide me with a list of the main themes. Also what is the best way to revise for the 36 marker?
Mav455
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Practise makes perfect (You`ve probably heard that a million times lol)
Check out example answers to give you an idea of what to add for high marks, and also google the individual poems as alternative interpretations get higher marks!
To revise, dont just watch videos, make flashcards/small notes where you summarise the main themes and just go over them, maybe ask family/friends to test you on it?
Hope that helps
irMike
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mav455)
Practise makes perfect (You`ve probably heard that a million times lol)
Check out example answers to give you an idea of what to add for high marks, and also google the individual poems as alternative interpretations get higher marks!
To revise, dont just watch videos, make flashcards/small notes where you summarise the main themes and just go over them, maybe ask family/friends to test you on it?
Hope that helps
Mm, I wish I'd started earlier. I have Physics Geography, Busienss, Both Lit papers to prepare for this week, I won't have time to anymore than 2/3 hours now and I have to prepare for all of the poems and how to answer the question... getting really stressed out
Transformer_747
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by irMike)
Mm, I wish I'd started earlier. I have Physics Geography, Busienss, Both Lit papers to prepare for this week, I won't have time to anymore than 2/3 hours now and I have to prepare for all of the poems and how to answer the question... getting really stressed out
Im in the exact same position..im also getting stressed out like mad
irMike
Rep:
?
(Original post by Transformer_747)
Im in the exact same position..im also getting stressed out like mad
I'd be happy with a B in this, It's the only exam I don't think I'll get an A or higher In, I'd like to keep it all A's and higher but I don't know what to do, I can't just not revise for everything else?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
17.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.91%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
14.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
29.1%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.91%

Watched Threads