Google Nexus 2013 - Faulty or Due to Android Update?

Watch
SilentIdea
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello there,

I recently bought a Google Nexus 2013 version from Scan about 5 days ago. I'm new to android systems. There have been small issues which I'm not sure are due to the hardware or just the android update/version.

First of all my tablet makes a whining/crackling sound whenever anything to do with a sound output is activated. It is most noticeable if playing a video/stream etc when muted.

Secondly I cannot access both cameras. I just get an error that the camera is not connected/has stopped working.

I did a bit of research and found out that the whining is common in these tablets. I also found out other people having problems with the front facing camera for this tablet but my problem occurs with both cameras (main and front).

I've asked for a return and they've stated that they will come and collect it for me to test it. However they did state that they will charge me if they deem it's not faulty. I would just like some advice because I've been through RMA's before where the product was faulty on my end and upon them testing it they've just sent it back to me with a charge of the courier delivery.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

SilentIdea.
Jammy Duel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The crackling is to be expected, all sound devices are like that no matter how good they are, but with better ones it's far less noticeable.
The camera problem does sound like some kind of fault though.
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well it depends on if they consider it a fault..............I had to RMA a keyboard last month with them, they take a while with the refund.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (113)
28.11%
No - I have already returned home (52)
12.94%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (80)
19.9%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.7%
No - I live at home during term anyway (118)
29.35%

Watched Threads