The Student Room Group

Can't concentrate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I sit down to do revision I can't concentrate. Have tryed classical music but it does not seem to work. Help please. I have three exams next week.

Scroll to see replies

Come and have sex with me.

It won't help you concentrate but it will benefit me.

Failing that listen to Slayer on 11/16 volume.
try to get rid of distractions
Reply 3
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye I will pass up on the sex. I will try the music thanks.
Original post by pinkgirl09
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye I will pass up on the sex. I will try the music thanks.

Wot do u even look like???
Reply 5
Posted from TSR Mobile

Look at my profile picture
**** Donald Trump is on TSR!!!
Reply 7
I am in the same position as you and it is so annoying.I have tried to study all day but end up getting distracted one way or another!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you can't concentrate then their is no point trying to do revision because you just won't take the information in, I would have a break and then come back to the revision later on.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Look at my profile picture

I can't I am blind.
Original post by AliyaMustafina
**** Donald Trump is on TSR!!!

And you're hot.
Original post by Donald Trump
And you're hot.

Yeah you too...
Reply 12
OK. And yeah I might start going to the library.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I find it does help to just try and revise, even if you aren't taking it in because at least that way, you are helping yourself to establish a good rhythm. Once you get into the flow of things, you'll be much more inclined and have greater concentration on what you're doing. I also suggest not working in front of the computer- maybe work on a dining table or something so you can minimise your distractions
Posted from TSR Mobile

When I sit down to do revision I can't concentrate. Have tryed classical music but it does not seem to work. Help please. I have three exams next week.

Hi there. Hopefully I can be of some assistance.

Firstly, remove any distractions. It may mean disconnecting your internet and switch off your phones, and locking your room.

Are the subjects that you are revising for content heavy? If they are, what you could do if you find it boring to read the textbook is to write down all the things you know about the topic on a blank piece of paper, and check that against the info in your textbook to see what you left out. Then fill in the gaps and repeat the process. It should keep you quite occupied.

For subjects that require conceptual understanding like maths and physics, practice is key. Do past year papers. There is no point in reading the textbook, because it won't be of much use. Actively answering question certainly takes up quite a bit of attention, and if the questions are too easy, find more challenging ones to do.
Original post by AliyaMustafina
Yeah you too...

Thanks. Want to fornicate?
Original post by Donald Trump
Thanks. Want to fornicate?

No
Reply 17
OK thanks guys, I will try your advise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
try working out or going for a work and put all electronics away like ur mobile and try not to browse the internet while u study- for me that tends to be a HUGE problem! go somewhere quite where there's no tv aswell. good luck!
OK thanks guys, I will try your advise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

advise
ədˈvʌɪz/
verb (IT'S A VERB). REVISE MORE.

offer suggestions about the best course of action to someone.
"I advised him to go home"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending