Wording of gcse my english questions

Watch
zakimak
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi everyone I'm doing edexcel igcse english and am really confused on the wording of questions. I've been looking at exemplar student responses and the best ones always seem to not answer the question and talk about general features of the passage rather than directly answer the question. For example the question was how does the writer present his views on his experiences in Somalia for a passage to Africa. He top answer wrote about how he used graphic descriptions of the suffering and mentioned how the writer felled guilty. But they didn't really link these points back to the question and say something like... This helps him to show his views of his experiences as .......
i would answer a question like this more directly. Can anyone give me any advice and if I'm missing anything obvious or if I'm just misinterpreting the question

sorry for the long post.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads