mahaxok
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey all, I was just wondering if there was anybody taking the edexcel english lit exams on tuesday and thursday, edexcel doesn't seem very popular! Which texts and poem collections are you doing? I'm doing of mice and men and dr jekyll and mr hyde for prose (unit 1) and then clashes and collisions for poetry (unit 2).
Does anybody have any predictions on what might come up but also and advice on preparing for the exams?
getjob5
Badges: 15
Report 6 years ago
Im taking the same but relationships for poem! Completely stuck on how to revise for jekyll and omam.. But i think for jekyll secrecy or mystery will come up!
mahaxok
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sophsha)
Im taking the same but relationships for poem! Completely stuck on how to revise for jekyll and omam.. But i think for jekyll secrecy or mystery will come up!
ok, cool! I've seen a few people thinking that slim may come up for omam. I'm freaking out about this!

Also do you have any advice on the comparing poems and how you structure it as I'm completely stuck on how to do it and my teacher never went through it!
getjob5
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mahaxok)
ok, cool! I've seen a few people thinking that slim may come up for omam. I'm freaking out about this!

Also do you have any advice on the comparing poems and how you structure it as I'm completely stuck on how to do it and my teacher never went through it!
Slim came up last year? I think! Also our teacher said just mention the second poem they want you to compare and say 'as similar to poemA' or 'unlike poemA' but mainly talking about poem B!
ak983
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing Animal Farm, OMaM and Clashes and Collisions. For OMaM I think it might be Curley- he hasn't come up before. For Poetry I'd probably guess: Parades End, The Class Game or O What Is That Sound (they haven't come up before either).
ak983
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Slim came up last year? I think! Also our teacher said just mention the second poem they want you to compare and say 'as similar to poemA' or 'unlike poemA' but mainly talking about poem B!
Wasn't it George last year?
lkaratu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ak983)
I'm doing Animal Farm, OMaM and Clashes and Collisions. For OMaM I think it might be Curley- he hasn't come up before. For Poetry I'd probably guess: Parades End, The Class Game or O What Is That Sound (they haven't come up before either).
Hitcher and August 6, 1945 also have not came up yet!
hilarysusan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ak983)
Im doing the exact same! I really hope the poems Catrin and Hitcher or Exposure and the Class Game come up as they are my strongest poems.
hilarysusan
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ak983)
Wasn't it George last year?
It was George and the significance of animals last year.
mahaxok
Rep:
?
Someone please help me with poetry comparisons, I can't do it D:
Also what preparation are you all doing?
happysmile
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mahaxok)
Hey all, I was just wondering if there was anybody taking the edexcel english lit exams on tuesday and thursday, edexcel doesn't seem very popular! Which texts and poem collections are you doing? I'm doing of mice and men and dr jekyll and mr hyde for prose (unit 1) and then clashes and collisions for poetry (unit 2).
Does anybody have any predictions on what might come up but also and advice on preparing for the exams?
Hey there! I'm doing Of Mice and Men and Jekyll and Hyde as well! For poetry, though, it's Taking a Stand - and I agree, most schools seem to be doing AQA... So which characters and themes do you think might come up on Tuesday for prose and for the unseen poem?
sandpitturtle
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ak983)
woah im doing the exact same as you; ny teacher said curley has come up? I will have to check haha but apparently slim and candy havent so revising them tonight. is there no chance of pqst ones coming up tho?

Posted from TSR Mobile
mahaxok
Rep:
?
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone for the prose exam tomorrow!
getjob5
Report 6 years ago
From questions b and c in jekyll and hyde do we have to refer from just the extract given or can we talk about other events from the novel? Also tips for how to structure eg. Pea chains blah , i always have to many things to say and my structure just messes up!
sandpitturtle
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have only started revising for this now, aiming for an A o dear...

Posted from TSR Mobile
mahaxok
Rep:
?
(Original post by ella_chloe)

Posted from TSR Mobile
same... I really need to get an A as well
mahaxok
Rep:
?
does anyone know who the past characters were to come up? Have slim or candy
getjob5
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ella_chloe)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still need to read the book
cilla_e
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have a strong feeling that candy will come up because hes never come up, and is there a chance that lennie might come up because im i dont have a strong essay on him
MrMBrown
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
From questions b and c in jekyll and hyde do we have to refer from just the extract given or can we talk about other events from the novel? Also tips for how to structure eg. Pea chains blah , i always have to many things to say and my structure just messes up!

Only refer to the extract for A, B and C. Our teacher gave us this structure to use.

Question A

P-Point E-Evidence E-Explain (3 Paragraphs)

Question B

P-Point E-Evidence E-Explain Z-Zoom into word/device.

Question C

P-Point E-Evidence E-Explain

Hope this helps! Good Luck!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (499)
33.53%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (619)
41.6%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (302)
20.3%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.57%

Watched Threads