The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Art, was 10 hours in our school. Obviously they didnt stay in school for 10 hours, they did 5 one day and came back the next day and done the rest :smile:
tbh, I've never written a paper that's taken me longer than an hour.
10 hour photography exam was so boring, two whole school days on photoshop and printing out your work. Plus you couldn't talk so you had to snatch the glue sticks off of people lol
I had a 2 hour history exam on Friday and I have an English Language re-sit after half term which is 2hr 15mins I presume. But I already have an A in it so I'm not that arsed about it, I just thought I'd resit because why not?
Reply 5
12 hour A2 Art exam. I got so bored just working on the same thing 3 data straight :angry:
Think I had a 2hr15 English one, so that would be my longest :smile:
3 hour exams are the longest I've seen

There's 10-20 hour Art exams but I don't really count them as exams
Original post by Ndella
12 hour A2 Art exam. I got so bored just working on the same thing 3 data straight :angry:

Was it an external exam?Controlled Assesments/Coursework doesn't count.Longest I've seen are the 3 hour STEP exams in Maths, which I will probably be taking next year.
Reply 9
Original post by Dalek1099
Was it an external exam?Controlled Assesments/Coursework doesn't count.Longest I've seen are the 3 hour STEP exams in Maths, which I will probably be taking next year.

Yes it was.
Original post by malena123
I had a 2 hour history exam on Friday and I have an English Language re-sit after half term which is 2hr 15mins I presume. But I already have an A in it so I'm not that arsed about it, I just thought I'd resit because why not?

If you already have an A, what is the point in resiting?
I had 2hrs 45 for A2 Spanish.
Original post by RibenaRockstar
I had 2hrs 45 for A2 Spanish.

Its 2.5 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jtbteddy

The OCR paper I sat in June 2012 was 2 hours 45 minutes. It may have changed since then or you may be sitting a different paper.
3 hour A2 French
Original post by PsychadelicScarf
If you already have an A, what is the point in resiting?

That's what I thought, and I'm honestly so happy with an A - I was over the moon when I got my results but my teacher said I may as well try because I have capability of getting an A*. Plus, the exam is after half term and I only have four, very spaced out exams then (I have two on the first two days back, one of which is Eng Lang, and I have two more on a Monday and Friday two weeks after those) so there isn't much stress so I don't mind it. If is was during last week or the upcoming week I definitely wouldn't have done it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by malena123
That's what I thought, and I'm honestly so happy with an A - I was over the moon when I got my results but my teacher said I may as well try because I have capability of getting an A*. Plus, the exam is after half term and I only have four, very spaced out exams then (I have two on the first two days back, one of which is Eng Lang, and I have two more on a Monday and Friday two weeks after those) so there isn't much stress so I don't mind it. If is was during last week or the upcoming week I definitely wouldn't have done it.

That makes more sense :smile:
Good luck with it!
Reply 17
Mine was two and a half hours of english lang lit. It killed me fp
3 hour AEA/STEP exams. Exams never really get any longer than 3 hours. It's just impractical to have them run on for much longer.
Longest was 2hr 15 mins at gcse, can't remember what subject though! I hate exams longer than an 1hr 30 because I'm nervous so I always end up having to go to the loo! Embarassing!

Posted from TSR Mobile