The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why do some black people say they hate racism but then hate white people for slavery?

Scroll to see replies

Poor white people have access to opportunities that black people do not. A PoC has to work X2 as hard to get half of what whites do.

As a poor white person, especially poor white men, you are more likely to prosper (like the men in my life have, such as my father) than a black or latino poor man or woman.

http://www.dmiblog.com/archives/2007/09/white_convicts_as_likely_to_be.html
Original post by tmurana
no such thing as reverse racism.
the system has been designed to suit white people, & opress blacks for a long time, so it isn't possible for a black person to be racist to a white person.. in my opinion.
black people can prejudice, which is wrong.. and you shouldn't hate people for what their ancestors did,
but there is no such thing as reverse racism, so theoretically - its not racism..
it doesnt mean its ok to hate white people.. but its not racism, to have hatred towards them due to the past & current reasons.

I think a lot of people sometimes blur the lines or actually confused about the definition of being prejudiced and being racist. Racism is an entire system whilst prejudice is more to do with belief or speech. So basically, you can say a racist remark to a white person but we still live in a society where it doesn't really affect us all that much, whereas being racist to a black person can set them back a whole lot. Does that make sense?
Yeah I totally agree but you can't erase the past and a lot are ignorant so bad combo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course some white people of this generation aren't racist and shouldn't be accountable for what their ancestor did. Some white people detest what their ancestors did and are truly sick of it but even still, slavery wasn't just white people capturing black people and stealing their freedom, their is a lot more to horrible history than that and black people find it very hard to mingle with the white people and I wouldn't classify that as a grudge but very hard to associate and like a certain group of murderers
Amazing necromancy by angelray
Hi, This thread is over 4 years old so I am closing it now. Please make a new thread should you wish to discuss the thread topic further. Thanks :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending