The Student Room Group

How long to learn 5 German Essays?...

Looking for your opinion as to how long it would take to learn 5 German essays, each around 400 words. The exam is this Tuesday!

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
In this for Unit 1 AS? If so, there is really no need!
All of these kids learning their ready-made essays all the way to A2. smh
:nope:
Jesus

Defeats the whole point of the a2
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Jesus

Defeats the whole point of the a2

I think they mean AS by 'A2.1' - My exam is on Tuesday as well.

Aber, ja, du hast recht.
I seriously wouldn't recommend learning essays. I don't mean to come across as harsh, but surely at this level you should have the capability to be relatively spontaneous with the language and not have to rely on rote-learning material. If you are going to 'memorise' anything for the exam, it's better to learn some idiomatic expressions etc which you could use. Again, I'm not having a go at you, but really I don't think it's a great idea. :smile:
Original post by thatitootoo

Aber, ja, du hast recht.

Danke
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Danke

Nichts zu danken! :wink:
It's a good idea to learn some essay phrases and idiomatic expressions, but I wouldn't recommend learning a whole essay. The examiners want you to be spontaneous and, since the essay questions tend to be different every year, if you learn something it might not fit exactly to the question. I know on some Examiner's Reports they say that some people learn essays on certain topics and reproduce them in the exam but don't consider what the specific question in the exam is asking.

Good luck though :smile:
Reply 10

Aber, ja, du hast recht.

Unit 1 aqa?
Original post by becky96
Unit 1 aqa?

Yup, and I'm so NOT prepared! :frown:
Reply 12

Hold nu op med at pibe og kom i gang med at øve dig. :tongue:
Reply 13

I feel the same, and it's so weird to revise for. I'm resitting though so I think my language in general is better now I'll be okay... But it's the essay that's gonna do me in
Original post by Ronove
Hold nu op med at pibe og kom i gang med at øve dig. :tongue:

I understood half of that!!!! "Hou nu op met dat..." lol

Original post by becky96
I feel the same, and it's so weird to revise for. I'm resitting though so I think my language in general is better now I'll be okay... But it's the essay that's gonna do me in

The only part I feel confident about is the reading - the rest is all Greek to me :tongue: But like the poster above has beautifully expressed in Danish: we should just get a move on and get on with it! I guess ANYTHING is better than nowt at this point! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending