Look up what? 😳
Reply 21
i think
education policies for the main essay or the role of education
and what about the 12 marker one
Original post by Bunny2014
Look up what? ������

I think, it will be either class or ethnic differences
and field or lab experiments for the methods.
What would be the ethnic differences and education policies?
Reply 24
education: policies methods in context: observation and theory and methods: documents/and experiments/ questionnaire
policies is very likely to come up, and maybe a perspective on education as there was not on one unit 1. If it is as easy as unit 1 i will be happy, i hope reasons for the underachievement of boys is the 12 marker.
Reply 26
what's the difference between lab and field experiments? also what does it mean when it says theoretical/ethical/practical issues? please help!
Original post by Verity96
what's the difference between lab and field experiments? also what does it mean when it says theoretical/ethical/practical issues? please help!

Lab experiments are done artificially an the researcher has full control of the variables and field experiments are in genuine social contexts but still involves a researcher.

Theoretical issues are if the test is reliable, who uses it and why so either positivists or interpretivists, if it is valid and if the research represents the target population or study.
Ethical issues are whether it is dangerous, illegal if it has after effects or moral effects.
Practical issues are cost, time, size and skill of research team, recording and also if there is any funding.
Re-sitting this exam tomorrow to attempt to get an A overall, crazy scared for it since I only started research methods a few days ago :s-smilie:
I have a feeling ethnicity will come up and marketisation/social policies which isn't bad. Would much prefer gender :frown:
Reply 29
Original post by diamondluck
Yeah sorry I meant methods in context I find those so tricky! Also, the research methods are you gonna learn the advantages and disadvantages of each method parrot fashion like word by word? Cos I'm confused between ethnographic and triangulation...don't they both use lots of methods?

ethnographic is: study of a setting
triangulation
&
methodological plursim

use multiple methods.

research methods is pretty simple. i can give you a essay examplee
Reply 30
Original post by midnightcities
Re-sitting this exam tomorrow to attempt to get an A overall, crazy scared for it since I only started research methods a few days ago :s-smilie:
I have a feeling ethnicity will come up and marketisation/social policies which isn't bad. Would much prefer gender :frown:

me too, im hoping to boost my grade, even if its just a high B :colondollar:

my teacher said: policies
mic: observation
rm: documents, exp/ questionnaires!
I believe a 12 marker on interactionists will come up personally
Reply 32
Original post by aydob001
I believe a 12 marker on interactionists will come up personally

What..
Can someone help with marketisation please??
Original post by winterx

Why would observations come up, it came up in june 2013
Reply 36
Original post by TheAlchemistt
Why would observations come up, it came up in june 2013

in the methods it hasnt
Reply 37
Original post by Bunny2014
Can someone help with marketisation please??

what do u need help with- ive got notes on it? or i can explain
Original post by winterx

I'm thinking lab experiments might creep up in MIC too since that hasn't been around for years. Field exp was 2012. Lab will be alright though, pretty easy to make up even if you can't remember haha.
Reply 39
Original post by midnightcities
I'm thinking lab experiments might creep up in MIC too since that hasn't been around for years. Field exp was 2012. Lab will be alright though, pretty easy to make up even if you can't remember haha.

Ekk thats the Milgram one right? I need to learn the studies properly!
gotta go revise!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending