The Student Room Group

Bleached hair dilemma.

I originally had brown hair (it's a weave lol) which was perfect fine, but for some silly reason I decided to get it changed. My friend mother is a hairdresser and I thought it would be good for her to dye my hair which cost me £35 and she only did a bleach dip dye (which I didn't even want and she wouldn't fix) and highlights only on the right side (ugh!) so I was really annoyed about this and therefore spent £52 at a professional salon where they dyed the bleach back to brown, then added highlight....

HOWEVER they left it on for too long because it didn't look processed enough and because I'm black with brown skin the colour really clashed!

I've heard that you should first put a red base on the bleached hair because that's the last thing to go when the hair is being bleached, and after you've down this you should then add the brown - but then again there are so many different answers that people give so it doesn't usually make sense on what I should do.
Original post by Audreytnn
I was really annoyed about this and therefore spent £52 at a professional salon..

..HOWEVER they left it on for too long because it didn't look processed enough

This is not how I'd define a professional salon!
Reply 2
That's what I thought. I'm so annoyed with how it is now and It feels so dry so I guess if just want to go back to brown or a dark brown and try to keep the hair as healthy as it can be. I originally wanted to get lighter for summer but this is just nothing like I wanted!
Have you considered growing your own hair?
Reply 4
Lol yes I'm already growing my own hair to my desired length, however it doesn't hurt to change things up a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest