The Student Room Group

Am I too old to start A-levels at 18? With a Level 3 qualification

When I left school at 16, I was pretty naive and due to hearing lots of "scare stories" regarding A-levels I was put off doing them; I instead decided to begin a BTEC in Health and Social care, which I am currently in the process of finishing. I am currently 17 (I turn 18 in August) and I now feel that not giving A-levels a shot is the biggest regret of my life so far. So, despite me having completed a Level 3, will I still be able to enroll in a college/sixth form college to study A-levels? Will i have to pay? Will it be free due to me still being under 19? I've heard of a few people who have completed both years of A-levels that have then gone on the study a BTEC, but never the other way around. I certainly meet the entry requirements in terms of GCSES - 4Bs, 5Cs, 2Ds. Please Help. Thank you.
Why do you want to do your A-levels, if you are on the way to doing a BTEC?
Reply 2
The BTEC isn't what I want to go into
I think it's possible. From what I know, you're often able to enrol in VI forms for free as long as the joining date is before your 19th b-day. As a consequence, there're people in my VI form who are aged 20 at present!

Quick Reply

Latest