Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Does anyone have any ideas what type of questions are likely to come up in the physics 2 exam tomorrow, I am really scared about it, I revised as much as I can but still scared..

Thanks,
    Megan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaNick)
    :dots:
    any ideas??....

ReputationRep:
    I reckon there could be a 6-marker on terminal velocity. We've had 6-markers on stars and radiation very recently. Probably a lot of circuit / momentum questions too.
    If there was a 6 marker on terminal velocity - what would you put? im not sure if i know 6 points.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon there could be a 6-marker on terminal velocity. We've had 6-markers on stars and radiation very recently. Probably a lot of circuit / momentum questions too.

oh.. thanks....

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably wrong, but I can't remember seeing many explosion question on recent past papers. So yes, momentum and circuit questions. Possibly also some questions about the formation of elements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElliotRobinson1)
    If there was a 6 marker on terminal velocity - what would you put? im not sure if i know 6 points.
    well you can talk about the accelerating force acting as gravity (weight), It could make them fall at the same rate. air resistance cause things to fall at different speed. say when an object Is falling at a steady speed It has reached its terminal velocity. the fractional force depends on its shape and area.

example: a sky diver, when he open the parachute the surface area increases and the air resistance increases too. but with the parachute not opened there is small surface area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lokiofasgard)
    I'm probably wrong, but I can't remember seeing many explosion question on recent past papers. So yes, momentum and circuit questions. Possibly also some questions about the formation of elements.

hmmm... I agree...... but I have a feeling that the 6 mark question could be something on radioactivity or the life cycle of stars.. but who knows..

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any P3 past paper resources (online) that I could use? I'm super worried about P3 tomorrow.
    It would be greeeeaaaat help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megan_90)
    hmmm... I agree...... but I have a feeling that the 6 mark question could be something on radioactivity or the life cycle of stars.. but who knows..
    The life cycle of stars came up quite recently, which if why it's less likely to be the 6 marker. I don't know, it'll be something. Hopefully we won't get two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lokiofasgard)
    The life cycle of stars came up quite recently, which if why it's less likely to be the 6 marker. I don't know, it'll be something. Hopefully we won't get two.

well yeah... I hope its going to be easy. :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legolaswarri0r)
    Does anyone have any P3 past paper resources (online) that I could use? I'm super worried about P3 tomorrow.
    The only online resources that I know are online for P3 are on the AQA website.
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...d-mark-schemes
    Look either at the Specimen Papers or at the June 2013 Unit 3 Section.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently if you're doing Higher for P2, half life questions will always come up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legolaswarri0r)
    I found these:

P3 Higher:
    Question Paper | Mark Scheme

P3 Higher:
    Question Paper | Mark Scheme

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...d-mark-schemes

Physics: http://store.aqa.org.uk/sciencelab/A...S-W-SQP-3H.PDF

hope this helps..
    all the best for the exam

ReputationRep:
    there has already been a 6 marker n terminal velocity though with the parachutist

ReputationRep:
    I think the loudspeaker may come up for p3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elishx__h)
    Apparently if you're doing Higher for P2, half life questions will always come up.

Are you very confident? otherwise I could revise that all by-heart.

ReputationRep:
    If you're given a graph you could be told to explain everything with a parachutist who is falling and deploys parachute.

- when parachutist jumps out, weight > drag, so he accelerates
    - as velocity increases, drag force increases, so he decelerates
    - eventually, drag = weight, no resultant force, constant peed / terminal velocity reached
    - pulls out parachute, increasing surface area for air molecules to hit
    - this increases the drag force, the parachutist decelerates
    - eventually, drag = weight again and he reaches terminal velocity with the parachute deployed
    Is drag basically air resistance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoflower)
    Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJohnson)
    there has already been a 6 marker n terminal velocity though with the parachutist
    yea, it has. what about radiation or static electricity or maybe ohm's law and car safety. I dunno, probably its a good Idea to revise them all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoflower)
    'drag' is when an object passes through a fluid (i.e.: water)
    'air resistance' is when an object passes through air

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.